Honored Contributor

Re: Did you ever know anyone you considered dangerous?

Yes..........a person who tried to sell my boss an "invention" to turn water into gasoline.    We weren't even in the type of business that deals with new products or patents, but the "inventor" blamed me for the loss of the sale.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

yes,  my DD ex husband.  He was mean!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

yes, most of my neighbors and a few friends.

I'm apparently a weirdo magnet

@nun ya   I can understand that.   Recently, I had a new neighbor across the street......who had a security camera aimed at my garage door.   It flashed and took a photo every time I left the house.   I reported it to my HOA, and they took care of it.   (You can surveil your OWN property, not someone elses.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

An eighth grade girl had drawn a smoking gun on her desk. She told me, "You're going to be the first teacher I'll shoot." I wrote her up. She was removed from my class and  suspended for a day.

A few days later, I was starting up a staircase; she dropped a heavy lock over the railing. It landed next to me. She was suspended for a couple more days.

Although she would pop up out of nowhere and glare at me, I had no more actual contact with her at school. However,  she would walk across the street (a four-lane thoroughfare) from my house and shout things.She would appear suddenly on the side street. 

Finally, I had the opportunity to transfer to another school (for musical reasons), and I never saw her again.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, yes, in my previous work place.

I was frightened physically for myself and others.

I am always aware of my surroundings now.

Best wishes to all who have had these experiences.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Quite a few...........

Esteemed Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

Yes, in my work environment but the worst, a long term stalker known to me.  He died in 2000 and I still look over my shoulder and am very careful and private as a result. 

Dear @Stray,  My stalker has also made me private  and careful.

Blinds always closed, always looking in the rear view mirror, I don't answer my front door when I'm home alone, and forever looking around in my surroundings.

@roxxy1- same here and I am on the 12th floor with a doorman....this guy stalked me even after I was married.  You just never get over it.

Esteemed Contributor

Working in a shelter for battered women and children the answer would be unfortunately yes.
Honored Contributor

My sister's ex-husband.  He was a gem.  He beat her up when they were dating.  Unfortunately, she still married him.  He switched to mental abuse once they were married.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Universitys and schools  can be  very dangerous places.  My daughter  viewed a double homicide, on her first day  of work, at a big10 school

I work at a university and I agree.  I remember not long after I started, an enraged & jealous boyfriend murdered her and shot himself.  Then there was a former student that killed a girl he met online.  First date. He was arrested on campus.  He's now serving a life sentence.