Respected Contributor

Re: Did you ever know anyone you considered dangerous?

yes, most of my neighbors and a few friends.

I'm apparently a weirdo magnet

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've known a few over the years.

Esteemed Contributor

Shortly after my mother died, my father married a woman who had a son who was a thug.  When my father died and left me my mother's house, this thug harrassed me and my family relentlessly.  Knew he owned a gun.  Went to court...got a restraining order.  Slept with a baseball bat at my side.  Sadly, he murdered his estranged wife.  Not so sadly, he then killed himself.  Can't imagine what we would have gone through if he hadn't done so.  I look back at what we went through and very grateful we survived that horrible time in our lives.  Tried to warn my father before he got married--he didn't want to listen.  Thanks alot, Dad....

Honored Contributor

At age 12 my older sister.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, in my work environment but the worst, a long term stalker known to me.  He died in 2000 and I still look over my shoulder and am very careful and private as a result. 

Respected Contributor

Yes. I was stalked by someone I dated.  After I told him I didn't want to go it with him anymore, he would come into my place of work and bring me orchids.  He would then follow me home from work.  Thank goodness I had already had plans to move to a another country.  I never heard from him again.   

Trusted Contributor

Many, I am retired from a state prision.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

Yes, in my work environment but the worst, a long term stalker known to me.  He died in 2000 and I still look over my shoulder and am very careful and private as a result. 

Dear @Stray,  My stalker has also made me private  and careful.

Blinds always closed, always looking in the rear view mirror, I don't answer my front door when I'm home alone, and forever looking around in my surroundings.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but he died years ago.   He was the creepy uncle of kids I babysat for when I was in high school.   2-3 days a week I would ride their bus, and stay with them until their parents got home.   Uncle was always in trouble with the law, and was not supposed to set foot on his brothers property.  

One cold snowy evening, the kids and I were walking the 1/4 mile from the bus stop to their house, when I noticed fresh men's boot tracks in the snow coming out from the woods and leading up their driveway.   This house was the only one up that hollow; the parents drove the kids to the bus stop every morning, then rode to work together, so the fresh tracks meant someone was at the house.   I turned the kids around and started walking fast back to the main road with intentions to go to the closest neighbors house to call the mom at work.   

When we got to the main road, we met the parents, followed by a state trooper.  Someone in the neighborhood had spotted the uncle walking down the road, and figured he was headed for his brothers place, so they had called the police, and one of the parents at work.   The house was not fully completed, and Uncle had gained access thru the unfinished basement.   He was arrested inside the house.   

That ended my after school babysitting, as the parents made other arrangements for the kids after that scare.    

Honored Contributor

Athletes can be dangerous people when they don't get their way. I went on a date with the state wrestling champ from our high school.  When I realized he was an a-- h--e and tried to cut the evening short he got mad and started to shove me around. Thank goodness my male friends saw what was happening and came to my rescue. There was no doubt in my mind that this guy would have beat me up.