Honored Contributor

Re: Did you ever have rainbow ice cream?

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  Breyers Ice Cream makes a very good neopolitan.  Check your local grocery stores. It's yummy.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Neopolitan? That is stripes of Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate... I LOVED  this as a child!!!

Respected Contributor

When I was a child, I loved Rainbow sherbet and Neopolitan ice cream.  One of my favorite ice cream truck treats was a Creamsickle.....ahhh what memories! 

I think I'm going to try to recapture that memory in an afternoon snack: the juice of a Hail and a little almond milk.  I'm going to throw it in the freezer and stir every 15 minutes until it's the consistency of soft serve. I may throw it in the blender first with a little psyllium.  I discovered it's got thickening properties, but don't add it to hot foods like oatmeal or coffee: it becomes a sticky glue!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Spumoni is sort of rainbow-ish..

Honored Contributor

Spumoni and Neopolitan are not rainbow ice cream. I have had rainbow ice cream.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Spumoni is sort of rainbow-ish..

That's the closest I ever got to eating something similar. My mom was a health food mom and she frowned on allowing me to eat anything with artificial dyes in it. She was way before her time...bless her.

Respected Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Spumoni and Neopolitan are not rainbow ice cream. I have had rainbow ice cream.

What is the flavor (s) of it?

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I get the urge for the basic tried and true flavors so I always get the below.  I can only find it in one store in our 100,000 pop. town.  It is really good.

Neapolitan (No Sugar Added)

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

My parents were strict & was never allowed to walk the train tracks. Smiley Sad I have never tried Rainbow ice cream, or seen it. When I was a kid my dad would chose Maple Nut which is another I haven't seen in years, but have made it home made.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

http://enjoycountryfresh.com/products/deans-country-fresh-super-rainbow-ice-cream-family-size-pail

20170208_121602.png

http://kawaiisweetworld.com/how-to-make-rainbow-ice-cream-no-machine/

20170208_122013.png

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.” -- George Orwell, 1984

Honored Contributor

rainbow sherbet for me, and i loved it......dont think i saw rainbow ice cream growing up.

my kids used to like SUPERMAN ice cream growing up.

superman ice cream.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein