Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

There's never been a reason to wonder, Amy talked about that ring, how much she loved it & chose it because she didn't want to spend a lot of money on the real deal....now years later she's decided to wear another that's a copy of Megan's ring, the Diamonique rep mentioned how much Amy liked it during a presentation with another host. 

@kitcat51- sounds like Amy is fickle!

She has nice taste in rings though. Woman LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

???   I really don't wonder about anything Amy does. ....  or any of the other hosts, for that matter.

Super Contributor

If anyone is on the fence about Amy's ring, I have it and it is spectacular.  Well worth the price.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Did you ever Wonder?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

Amy S. wore a Diamonique ring  (square diamond surrounded by black diamonds) for some time.  Did you ever wonder if she was wearing it to promote sales of that ring?  Now she is wearing a different ring and already some women have noticed the new ring.  Also reminds me of Shawn wearing all those statement earrings.  Cat HappyCat Surprised

@Katcat1  Nope. I don’t think she promoted the first ring w/ black stones. She chose it when she first began hosting to go w/ her real diamond band. If it were her real diamond engagement ring & Diamonique did a knock off, a different story if she presented it in shows.

Now SK’s real diamond wedding set has been copied in Diamonique & available online. She did pitch it when it first came out. 

Amy’s newer ring is a copy of the Princess Megan’s ring....promoted long before Amy purchased it. I don’t think it needs promoting in any way. 5 star reviews.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I thought at one time she said it was her engagement ring. Wore it for years. Hope I’m not dreaming.

@OKPrincess  She’s often said it’s Diamonique, purchased  many years ago as her Diamonique engagement ring. I like it too & may purchase it as my “travel” ring.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Katcat1   I no longer watch QVC on a regular basis but I did happen to see Amy selling the ring you referenced on a show this week. I watched her presentation for about five minutes while she showed the new ring and the ring she said was hers. I don't wonder either but they are under pressure to sell, sell, sell. If her efforts have paid off and she's able to upgrade, good for her.

@Tique  Not really an upgrade since the one w/ black stones is plat. clad and Megan ring is silver.

Honored Contributor

I think it was Colleen Lopez on HSN years (I mean YEARS) ago that said on-air she doesn't wear her wedding rings because there is so much fabulous jewelry (real and fake) that she loves and the rings get in the way. Plus, many women (my mother and my Aunties, for example) have a wardrobe of wedding bands and diamond rings that they change depending on the outfit, their mood and/or events. Last, people call and ask "what is she wearing? I want to buy it" so the BigWhigs decided that what you wear on air had to be what HSN sold.

To be honest, it ALL makes sense. Ever since, I've never assumed that what the host or vendor is wearing is their own item; it's just a great way to advertise what you're selling jewelry and/or clothing-wise.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

Never really thought about it much but it's possible. I think with Amy's ring, she loved it, bought it, and wore it for years next to her wedding band. Now she's loving the new copy of Megan's engagement ring and is trying it on for size. Well, I'm "assuming" it's the new diamonique ring, but don't know that for sure. It could be a beautiful new diamond ring. BTW, if it was a selling ploy, it finally worked on me. I bought the original one, J276996, about a month ago and I absolutely love it! This one:

No Image Found

LOVE IT!

Me too.

@twinny70

@Katcat1

Me three! I'm pretty sure I'm ordering it tonight. Just waiting a bit longer to be sure...

@Katcat1

@twinny70

I changed my mind. Not ordering. I read the reviews and it appears that there are too many defects in this ring, especially the prongs for the stones that are set outside the center stone that are sharp and cut up the other fingers that touch it. Also, a lot of people are reporting stones falling out.

I'll pass, although it's very pretty!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett