Contributor

Did that Roberta's guy just say...

Don't try to divide the Lilys but to just buy multiples? His reasoning was that it's too hard? He must be kidding...
Valued Contributor

Re: Did that Roberta's guy just say...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ docsgirl

Trusted Contributor

Oh please....and those daylilies will produce 300 blooms too. These people are maroons. I have over 100 daylily plants in my garden , and NONE produce that many blooms nor do they bloom continuously for 30 days.
Respected Contributor

I got day lilies from RG and those suckers NEVER bloomed. I had them for 4 years and got bupkis. Finally, just cleared the area and planted ground cover.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/20/2015 RedHeadedWench said: Oh please....and those daylilies will produce 300 blooms too. These people are maroons. I have over 100 daylily plants in my garden , and NONE produce that many blooms nor do they bloom continuously for 30 days.

And they are also morons. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Sorry, couldn't help myself.

My day lily blooms last one day ~ hence DAY lily. Get maybe four to six blooms per plant.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

Twopeas, I thought you were just quoting Bugs Bunny :-D He used to call Elmer Fudd and others maroons ("what a maroon!")
Honored Contributor

That is one thing you should see online -- what is the bud count on a scape when purchasing or looking at daylilies.

Dividing daylilies is not a difficult thing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

On 1/21/2015 twopeas said:
On 1/20/2015 RedHeadedWench said: Oh please....and those daylilies will produce 300 blooms too. These people are maroons. I have over 100 daylily plants in my garden , and NONE produce that many blooms nor do they bloom continuously for 30 days.

My day lily blooms last one day ~ hence DAY lily. Get maybe four to six blooms per plant.

The amount of flowers depends on the type of daylily. I have some that only get one scape (the stem that contains the buds) and I have others that have six or more. I have one daylily in particular, "God Save the Queen" that gives me at least two scapes with 20...yes 20, flowers/buds. Usually you will get one or two scapes per fan (plant). What they generally send you is one fan, and I hate to break it to everyone, but the plants they are sending are pretty generic daylilies, they are not rare or unusual. Sorry, but I put Roberta's right up there with snake oil salesmen.
Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 RedHeadedWench said:
On 1/21/2015 twopeas said:

The amount of flowers depends on the type of daylily. I have some that only get one scape (the stem that contains the buds) and I have others that have six or more. I have one daylily in particular, "God Save the Queen" that gives me at least two scapes with 20...yes 20, flowers/buds. Usually you will get one or two scapes per fan (plant). What they generally send you is one fan, and I hate to break it to everyone, but the plants they are sending are pretty generic daylilies, they are not rare or unusual. Sorry, but I put Roberta's right up there with snake oil salesmen.

ITA!! snake oil is so right!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I am gradually changing out my daylilies to the ever blooming. I think that's the name. They are so much nicer.

But it's a real pain trying to dig out the original ones. I sprained my wrist trying to get one out.