Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch 20/20 last night?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2015/01/27/vanderbilt-rape-case-verdicts/22419381/

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

With all the dangers lurking out there for women today, don't you think the college carries some of the responsibility?

Honored Contributor

It's starting earlier than the college days, there was a report of an attack at my son's high school. Smh......Fortunately the school knows better than to try to downplay the event, the police were called and an investigation was launched.

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 jubilant said:

With all the dangers lurking out there for women today, don't you think the college carries some of the responsibility?

I think parents and society is more responsible for not helping girls/women do a better job of protecting themselves in this society. Look at the role models young women have now. Really?

We should be saying don't be stupid and drink and pass out at a party rather than talking about it is some guys fault. I am not saying that is RIGHT, or that this is what SHOULD be, but I am talking about the real world and how we need to smarten up these kids of both sexes and expect more of them behavior wise. There needs to be more talk about prevention. That will help fewer women be victims. And no amount of punishment for the perp can ever compensate the victim.

If you don't look at an intersection after the light turns and you get t-boned, the person driving the other car was WRONG, but it doesn't make you any less injured.