Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone watch 20/20 last night?

They found out one of the jurors had been raped so now they are trying to get a new trial because she didn't disclose that information.

Honored Contributor

On 1/31/2015 NoelSeven said:

There is a new culture of rape in America. Jokes and accepted attacks. All women should be appalled.

Another attack occurred recently on the Stanford campus. A Stanford jock was caught raping an unconscious woman in the street. Two students saw it, jumped in to save her, chased him down and held him until the police arrived.

I used to watch some segments/cases on CNN and they'd refer to them as being The War On Women. I realize women are under attack and it's extremely disturbing.

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 colliemom3 said:

They found out one of the jurors had been raped so now they are trying to get a new trial because she didn't disclose that information.

This turn of events could become quite interesting. It was a case of statutory rape so it is quite possible she consented but he was prosecuted because of her age and she doesn't feel she was raped. If that is the case it likely will be considered harmless error and nothing will come of it.

However, if it turns out that it was a forcible rape and she didn't disclose that she was a victim the judge may very well set aside the verdict and declare a mistrial.

Honored Contributor

Too many (not all) immature (because of age) kids having too much fun on campuses. Best to have 'house 'mothers'/security guards at the entrance. This entire incident would have been prevented, IMO. Of course, in co-ed dorms, I'm guessing that they could have done the same thing(s) upstairs, slipping a dr*g into unsuspecting young women's drinks, etc. Nothing good comes out of unsupervised housing of immature kids. (Again, not all students are immature. Many are very serious about studying and graduating on time.) No way would I ever live in that type of environment, with no security/supervision. I like being supervised/secure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

A girl cannot consent if she is unconscious. What kind of boy or man could do this?? It is sickening and I do not feel sorry for any of them, except the girl.

Honored Contributor

Kids?????? College students are adults, not children. That wasn't date rape, it wasn't a case of mixed signals; that was undeniably a violent, intentionsl rape. Get real, security cameras are to prevent and detect thefts. No college can keep each student completey safe any more than police can keep every citizen safe. I'd like to see an end to on campus fraternities and girls need to stop attending booze and drug soaked parties. It's scary to think it but they probaby would have got away with it if they hadn't documented the crime......and sent the pictures all over the country. I'm surprised that didnt plead guilty to avoid a trial.
Honored Contributor

......that could present problems, unbelievable that a juror would do such a dumb thing.
Honored Contributor

They had security cameras up but I'm doubtful there was any real monitoring going on.

It's college, not a prison.....lol.
Honored Contributor

I didn't watch it on purpose.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Too many shenanigans going on......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).