Respected Contributor

they are making a mountain out of a mole hill..........when hasn't a woman of ANY COLOR not uttered those words at one time or another........sometimes on a daily basis..........someone is looking to create problems.......................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Jezzebell said:
On 1/30/2015 brii said:
On 1/30/2015 Lion said:
On 1/30/2015 brii said:

It got blown out of proportion because someone decided that Sandra's comment was r-cist.

I find it sad...

What is truly sad is that there is still so much racism in this country that people *do* react this way. If we didn't have a racism problem, there wouldn't have been a knee-jerk reaction like this.

I don't believe there was any insult intended at all. But, as long as we have a racism problem in this country, this will happen - and sometimes it really is racism rearing its ugly head.

But, not this time.

We will always have a r-cism issue in this country. But something like this does nothing for improving the situation at all.

If somebody has truly experienced real r-cism, they should feel sick to their stomach about this. Sandra is the victim here.

ITA Brii! And I think the model and QVC need to SAY something to put this right since it's gone viral.

I think you are right...by choosing to ignore this is compounding the problem.

raven...of course we have all looked back at photos from time gone by and wondered why we chose an outfit or hairstyle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor
On 1/30/2015 brii said:
On 1/30/2015 Lion said:
On 1/30/2015 brii said:

It got blown out of proportion because someone decided that Sandra's comment was r-cist.

I find it sad...

What is truly sad is that there is still so much racism in this country that people *do* react this way. If we didn't have a racism problem, there wouldn't have been a knee-jerk reaction like this.

I don't believe there was any insult intended at all. But, as long as we have a racism problem in this country, this will happen - and sometimes it really is racism rearing its ugly head.

But, not this time.

We will always have a r-cism issue in this country. But something like this does nothing for improving the situation at all.

If somebody has truly experienced real r-cism, they should feel sick to their stomach about this. Sandra is the victim here.

I agree there will always be racism, but the extent of it right now is too much and too bad, and causes exactly this type of thing.

What really does nothing for improving the situation is ignoring the actual root of the problem, rather than just railing against this single incident.

It goes far deeper, and these types of things will continue unless we focus on the real problems and try to be part of making it better.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Super Contributor
On 1/30/2015 scotttie said:
On 1/30/2015 Lion said:
On 1/30/2015 brii said:

I find it sad...

But, not this time.

However, making a huge deal out of something as ridiculous as this does NOTHING to improve relations. They should find something real to create a mountain of.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

There a plenty of hateful people on the internet who cry racism, not realizing they are the true haters, stirring the pot and blaming the white race for their own self loathing.

Trusted Contributor

Idiotic........and soon to be forgotten. Not worth a moment's thought.

Super Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Jezzebell said:
On 1/30/2015 brii said:
On 1/30/2015 Lion said:
On 1/30/2015 brii said:

I find it sad...

But, not this time.

ITA Brii! And I think the model and QVC need to SAY something to put this right since it's gone viral.

The model is being called a liar for not speaking up and saying that she was offended and that Sandra was wrong.

Honored Contributor
Come on people...how did that stupid comment escalate into a racial issue.I bet there was absolutely o intent to offend anyone.People need to stop looking for reasons to get their feelings hurt and just look for ways to make themselves stronger.