Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Bezos latest?

@Vivian wrote:

What gets me is the unfeeling callousness of Bezos and his ilk. What I mean by that is in that position, I'd want to give back to the country that provided me with the opportunities to earn my riches. I know. He can spend his money as he wishes. I just think that instead of throwing money at the moon,perhaps it would be better to improve what needs fixing on earth, as Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, and Warren Buffett do.

There is no one right answer as to what is considered helping.  Need to look at short term and long term solutions.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope 

And Bezos will no doubtly proclaim himself KING OF THE MOON!!!    😆

Well it goes to show how BACKWARDS Bezos is thinking....because the latest trend in planetary colonization is NOT the Moon, but MARS.....  

In 2022, a robotic rover was proposed to be launched to Mars in order to scout a landing site for the 2027 lander and a site for the Mars One colony. At the same time, a communication satellite would be launched, enabling continuous communication with the future landed assets.  The idea of colonizing Mars left the sphere of speculation a long time ago, and it’s taking long strides towards a reality. In fact, scientists are now at the stage of devising ways to make a Mars colony self-sufficient. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Cats3000  You nailed it for sure. I've been saying what you just wrote for a long time now. The end is much nearer than we think. Those with money really have no more than the rest of us. They think they do but they are only all in just for themselves, so if they wish to fly themselves to the moon, mars, jupiter or pluto, they'll ruin those places too.

@PINKdogWOODand others who have no use for the "1%"...I've never seen a college/university, hospital, library or any institution named for a poor person.  As much as the 1% are generally condemned/criticized, they should be thanked.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

This isn't breaking news. It was heavily covered last year. Seems like the main idea is to move heavy industry to a zero gravity environment, which is kind of an interesting concept. And then making reusable rockets to carry the materials and finished products back to Earth. Seems like to him, the project is yet another logistics challenge, which is what he is really into.

I think he should finish completely automating his warehouses first. Though they provide many decently paid low skilled jobs in communities that need them, those jobs consist of basically acting like robots. Jobs like that, which require almost no critical thinking, should be automated. Then talk to me about space, Jeff.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Save the environment, save the Earth....it looks like somethings coming that we cannot control long long after  we have all passed on....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of Bezos for many reasons.  If he wants to move to another planet, I would be happy to see him off.  He has enough money to do as  he pleases.

I have watched documentaries and read books about the very rich.  I do not begrudge anyone from being wealthy.  What bothers me is how many secured their wealth at the expense of others.  White collar crime is a reallity and many of the rich stepped on others and used illegal means to gain wealth.  Yes, many have helped society, hospital wings, charities, scholarships, housing and those people are admired.  However, sadly many with money just care about their wealth and becoming richer, it's called greed.

I don't know how charitable Bezos is, I have heard he isn't.  While that is his business, I find it disturbing.  If I had money like the 1% I would without hesitation help others and donate, I already do within my means.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan... Enough said.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

We seem to be turning our planet into an arrid wasteland unable to support human life. Well, that's the moon right now.  Why anyone wants to LIVE here is beyone me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neil Young 1970.... After the Gold Rush

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun,
There were children crying
And colors flying
All around the chosen ones.
All in a dream, all in a dream
The loading had begun.
They were flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home in the sun.
Flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home.

Respected Contributor

The earth isn't doomed, it's not going to explode & many of the ultra rich are very generous...the them vs us is wrong & needs to stop.