Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Bezos latest?

@hckynut wrote:

@JumpTheRope 

"Says who"? In reference to your reference to my saying "IFFY".  I said it, does that answer your question?

I am aware of what is happening to the earth on which we live. As for being "destroyed" by the things you mention? That may be your opinion, but it is not mine. Nor do I expect it to, "once again" Blow Up, as has been predicted at least 4 times during my 9+ different decades on this planet.

I don't place these issues on a 1% of the human population, in this country, or the world. "That's why younger folks are ticked off"! Really? Are these the same younger folks who think capitalism is a bad thing/need safe spaces/view facts as micro aggressions?  Wait till they actually earn a paycheck and have to start paying taxes.

Oops I! I have segwayed, but that is not a new revelation to anyone that has been on these Forums for many years. Talk with ya later,

hckynut

@hckynut 

I've heard this several timres, too, but never quite understood what actually was supposed to make the planet "blow up".   Any idea?

Honored Contributor

@bjabuceye wrote:

The 1% do nothing except devise ways to demolish the middle class. As for their grandchildren, they would cut their throats and drink their blood for sustenance. They're not like the rest of us, who would jump in front of a train to save ours. 

Bobbi

@bjabuceye 

OMG ...  Where are you getting this stuff from?  What baloney!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@JumpTheRope 

"Says who"? In reference to your reference to my saying "IFFY".  I said it, does that answer your question?

I am aware of what is happening to the earth on which we live. As for being "destroyed" by the things you mention? That may be your opinion, but it is not mine. Nor do I expect it to, "once again" Blow Up, as has been predicted at least 4 times during my 9+ different decades on this planet.

I don't place these issues on a 1% of the human population, in this country, or the world. "That's why younger folks are ticked off"! Really? Are these the same younger folks who think capitalism is a bad thing/need safe spaces/view facts as micro aggressions?  Wait till they actually earn a paycheck and have to start paying taxes.

Oops I! I have segwayed, but that is not a new revelation to anyone that has been on these Forums for many years. Talk with ya later,

hckynut

@hckynut 

I've heard this several timres, too, but never quite understood what actually was supposed to make the planet "blow up".   Any idea?

@Tinkrbl44   Cow flatulence.

Like nobody else ever cuts one.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I wonder how many of those who disparage Bezos so much have never done business with his company. I have no doubt that some not only buy but are prime members as well.

@esmerelda   LOL

Yeah.  I do not doubt it either. 

I'm a Prime member and don't support everything Bezos does. Nuance is a good thing. I care about the environment, yet I use Keurig K cups. Yet, I do recyle our aluminum cans even though there is no recycling pickup where I live. I do some of what I can do to help out, but not everything.

Purity tests are for people who want to feel superior, and those who want an excuse not to do anything.

@Porcelain   I have no idea what this means nor do I know to whom it is directed.

I also shop Amazon, btw.  I also stated very clearly that I am not one of his supporters.

But inaccurate info about this moon project and lack of info about any environmental causes he supports is more about feeling superior and a cover for not doing anything themselves.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JumpTheRope 

Can anyone answer this question?

Just what is it about when people with little money get all condescending and self-righteous, talking   about what wealthy people should do with their money?  

Don't you find it incredibly annoying when people tell you what they think you should do with yours?     

Super Contributor

All these fingers pointed at me for basically what started out as 

a “look at what Bezos up to now..”

As for Boomers wrecking the planet, I assume you understand as I stated, I’m speaking GENERALLY.  I’m a tree hugger, literally, so of course there are

exceptions.

When you know better.....you DO BETTER.

Congress knew decades ago that more laws/regs. were needed to slow down the global warming.....but did nothing towards long term effective policies.

And yes, younger folks should be angry at the dump we are leaving them.

As for that “pledge” a handful of multi-billionaires  signed?

It says the “before they die they will give away half their wealth...”

But how do they know when they will die?

Why wait?

By making this pledge they get great free publicity, without spending a dime.

Its the middle class that pays for everything....as now the business tax

was slashed to %21 and the capitol gains tax is what...%11?

Trillion dollar debt in just One year!

BTW, in every post I stated my admiration for Bezos.

All these self righteous folks jumping on me.....cause I posted what I thought was a slightly satirical post about Bezos bailing out to the 

moon.

Yikes.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Remember the ICE AGE would freeze the planet and, I guess, it was supposed to break into pieces. Then was the Global  Warming which, I guess, meant the globe would burn into ashes. Then when we hit the year 2000, electronic "something or others" would go out of control and, I guess, set off all the Nuclear Weapons and the whole planet would go: KA BOOM!  And here we still are, mostly in 1 piece.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope wrote:

All these fingers pointed at me for basically what started out as 

a “look at what Bezos up to now..”

As for Boomers wrecking the planet, I assume you understand as I stated, I’m speaking GENERALLY.  I’m a tree hugger, literally, so of course there are

exceptions.

When you know better.....you DO BETTER.

Congress knew decades ago that more laws/regs. were needed to slow down the global warming.....but did nothing towards long term effective policies.

And yes, younger folks should be angry at the dump we are leaving them.

As for that “pledge” a handful of multi-billionaires  signed?

It says the “before they die they will give away half their wealth...”

But how do they know when they will die?

Why wait?

By making this pledge they get great free publicity, without spending a dime.

Its the middle class that pays for everything....as now the business tax

was slashed to %21 and the capitol gains tax is what...%11?

Trillion dollar debt in just One year!

BTW, in every post I stated my admiration for Bezos.

All these self righteous folks jumping on me.....cause I posted what I thought was a slightly satirical post about Bezos bailing out to the 

moon.

Yikes.

@JumpTheRope 

I think you intrpreted that comment to mean everyone is holding onto their billions until the very last moment.  NOT true.  It takes time to research good causes and see where their money can do the most good.  Most are actively working on that ... well, they're having people do the research for them.  

Of course, that also means that countries that are very poor will get more attention than our country, and many Americans won't like that, either.  But, hey, they earned it, they can decide where to donate it.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Remember the ICE AGE would freeze the planet and, I guess, it was supposed to break into pieces. Then was the Global  Warming which, I guess, meant the globe would burn into ashes. Then when we hit the year 2000, electronic "something or others" would go out of control and, I guess, set off all the Nuclear Weapons and the whole planet would go: KA BOOM!  And here we still are, mostly in 1 piece.

hckynut

@hckynut 

Oh yeah ....  I forgot all about Y2K .....  some people were really losing their minds over that one.   Stocking up years of food, ammunition, etc etc.   Well, if you've got it drummed into you that the world is going to come to end with a real disaster, except for those that have prepared, then I guess any potential disaster will do.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I choose to listen to the VAST majority of scientists when it comes to climate change. There are significant differences between it the other supposed disasters mentioned on this thread.

The main problem for so many of us is that we can't see or feel it. We hear about how those in many, many parts of the world are affected in some way, but we ignore it. Let someone else worry about. Don't let it affect MY business or my creature comforts.

And if it is real, well, I probably won't be around to see the devastation or worry about my decendants.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland