Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Bezos latest?

Good for him.  I plan to stay right here on Earth thank you very much.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw Interestingly enough, upon securing 1/2 of Bezos' fortune, his ex wife signed the pledge to give the bulk of it away during her lifetime. So I guess indirectly, he's donated almost 1/2 his money. 🤗🤔
Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope 

At last count, this planet has "exploded" 4 times during my decades of living on it. As far as Bezos? He can do whatever he wishes with HIS money. As long as he follows the laws of the US, what he does with HIS money, is his business not mine.

This to me Falls into the "iffy" category on this Bulletin Board, so I will say only this. If those that are believers are really  concerned?  I can think of 2 other countries that should concern them more than the 1 in which I reside.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Let's hope he goes to the moon and takes Mark Zuckerberg along for the ride.  This NOT doomed planet will be better off without them.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Cats3000  You nailed it for sure. I've been saying what you just wrote for a long time now. The end is much nearer than we think. Those with money really have no more than the rest of us. They think they do but they are only all in just for themselves, so if they wish to fly themselves to the moon, mars, jupiter or pluto, they'll ruin those places too.

@PINKdogWOOD 

Not sure you read the same @cats01 post that I just read, but! If so, most of what you've said here? Ain't the same as my interpretation of her post.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

We'll all be a (hopefully happy) memory by the time the sun engulfs the earth. I can totally see colonization of the moon or other planets before that, but it wont be in our lifetime. We will see and already see climate refugees, homes totally lost, rolling power outages, floods, fires and other natural disasters which will impact all of us for our lifetime. It will be worse for our kids and grandkids. I hope they will forgive us.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nbo wrote:

The reality is that we allowed the rich to destroy the planet just like in the movies and then they go building domes on earth. They also build rockets so they can move to another planet or moon to live, and leave the rest of us to live in misery

@Nbo 

That's your reality? Wow, it sure ain't mine.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Nbo wrote:

The reality is that we allowed the rich to destroy the planet just like in the movies and then they go building domes on earth. They also build rockets so they can move to another planet or moon to live, and leave the rest of us to live in misery

@Nbo 

That's you reality? Wow, it sure ain't mine.

hckynut

Amazing the horrific future so many here invision.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how many of those who disparage Bezos so much have never done business with his company. I have no doubt that some not only buy but are prime members as well.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

bathina!!

Yes, I was aware of this and pleased his ex wife chose to do so.  You are right in that it was his money that was donated and whether or not he cares, I do and good for the wife!

Enjoy your day!