Trusted Contributor

Re: Did You Know that Jerry Lewis had a heart attack while making Cinderfella.....

On 3/19/2015 Lucibee said: Love Jerry Lewis.

Love him too!!

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did You Know that Jerry Lewis had a heart attack while making Cinderfella.....

Even though he's done some good things I think he's creepy as well.

Super Contributor

On 3/19/2015 Lila Belle said:

Even though he's done some good things I think he's creepy as well.

Of course you do Agree at any cost even if it's putting JL in the same category as a r9pist. Nice.

Esteemed Contributor

What ???

Honored Contributor

I didn't know he was still alive.
Trusted Contributor

I like Jerry Lewis. I lived in south Florida years ago. He made several movies there. He is human so he is not perfect. We loved it when he came to town. He helped raise over 2.5 billion for MDA.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know much about him, terrier3. I just think he's creepy looking.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 3/18/2015 hckynut said: have not read any of the replies, but running up 60 stairs and 10 seconds? please I doubt if I could have done that when I was in my top physical condition. I ain't buying that one for sure but I am sorry to hear if he did have a heart attack because I wish that on nobody. as one that has had two of these myself a certain activity most of the time cannot be considered the only reason for this heart event.

It was a straight up staircase, not multiple staircases. If you see the scene he isn't going one step at a time, either. Sorry but just because you couldn't have done it doesn't make this a false report.

Youtube is your friend if you want to see it. (oops Found posted it too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPmRuKEd8sM

I read that after JL ran up the staircase, he was taken to the hospital, and spent 4 days in an oxygen tank - which delayed filming 2 weeks. But, I guess none of that happened either. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

I'm old enough to remember that very well. It was thought for a long time that he would not live very long. And here he has outlived them all. Ironic, yes?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

In 1951, or 52, I was in high school in San Francisco on Van Ness Ave, (closed now Conmmerce High, closed in 52). All the big theaters were on Market street near the school, so we would cut class, and go see a movie, or a vaudeville act of someone we heard was good.

I think that was when the Movie QUO VADIS CAME OUT, Very good. Anyway LEWIS AND MARTIN WERE THE ACT BEFORE THEY BECAME FAMOUS. THEY WERE JUST STARTING OUT. OH COULD THEY SING AND DANCE. While Dean Martin was so handsome, Jerry Lewis was very beAutiful. The most piercing blue eyes.

There were so many teenagers in the alleyr screaming as DM AND JL hung their head out the window andTTHrew their signed picture down.

Getting in trouble for cutting classes was worth it. Yes, even back in the dark ages, we got in trouble.

Theaters back then gave you an opening act before the two movies, a cartoon and the news of the day. You didn,t sit through all the commercials like today. We paid 1.00' It was .25 when I was about 7 or 8 and going with a friend to Sat. MATINEE by ourselves, walking about a miLE to the show. Today a swat team goes in that neighbor. Times have changed so much, but believe me, only a little for the better where Women, and minority are concern, but not the atmosphere.