Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Know You Can't Cancel A Food Order The Same Day?

I haven't had to expand out to the garage (yet).  But I have one huge, double, cabinet over my dryer that's full of them and another double cabinet in my kitchen.   There are at least 100 of them in constant use at any given time. 

I tend to really love certain sizes and will buy extras, just in case.  I think sometimes I take that whole 'just in case' thing a bit too far.  (color me embarrassed)

I don't have kids to steal mine.   I wish more people I knew lived closer to me because when I die I'd love to have good homes for my extensive L&L and Le Creuset collections!

Respected Contributor

@DM Tiara wrote:

If you place your order on a CHECK status, you could have cancelled it. QVC holds check orders waiting for an edit to switch the order to a card.  SAME DEAL WITH COMPUTER ORDERS .... you can't cancel once you've paid with a CARD.  Check status can always be cancelled because no payment has yet, been collected.     Of course all the CARD orders will be filled first, but if you need a short time to think it over, this process SAVES a return, and in the long run, helps QVC, too by preventing needed returns.

Good point!  I do this when I am not quite sure that I want something or if I want see a presentation.  If I decide I do want the item, I just call cs and tell them I want to pay for it with my credit card.  "Check" is a good way to give yourself time to think about something.  I did it last night when I saw today's TSV.  I still haven't decided if I really want it. 

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven  I keep trying to cancel a few different times, sometimes one time and may not work, then the next time it will.  And I'd try this regardless of what CS may tell you. 

ANyway, if worse comes to worse, you can refuse delivery ie DO NOT open the package, mark it 'RETURN TO SENDER' and take it back to your post office or UPS hoever it came to you. 

I've found my needing to do this myself.  You s hould have no problem and no return fees to pay.  Again, don't open it. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Can I cancel an order?

To cancel an item, access the Order Status link in the upper right-hand corner of any QVC.com page. Sign in with your email address and password. Click on the order number and select the item you wish to cancel. If a cancellation is possible, you will be presented with the Edit This Item link. At that point, you can select the Cancel button. If the order is too far along in the shipping process to cancel, the link will not be presented and the item will be shipped to you as scheduled. Upon receiving the package, should you decide to make a return, please follow the instructions on your pack slip.

http://www.qvc.com/MyAccountFAQ.content.html#answer14

That I know Smiley Happy

What I didn't know is that you can't cancel food, at least according to the CS lady I spoke with last night.  She said it goes through right away.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

by the way, thanks for mentioning that  LOCK N LOCK auto delivery. i had not seen it and just went ahead and ordered it. i am addicted to those plastic storage pieces. LOL

they would also make a nice gift if you had a son or daughter who recently moved out. you can never have enough lock n lock. Smiley LOLSmiley Wink

LOL! Woman LOL

I have to admit, I think the next two are cute too, especially the ladybugs.  I figure I'll store the Xmas ones with the Xmas decorations after the holidays.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

by the way, thanks for mentioning that  LOCK N LOCK auto delivery. i had not seen it and just went ahead and ordered it. i am addicted to those plastic storage pieces. LOL

they would also make a nice gift if you had a son or daughter who recently moved out. you can never have enough lock n lock. Smiley LOLSmiley Wink

(bolded by me)  Oh, I don't know.  You should see my cabinets full of L&L.   I'm pretty sure I definitely have enough.  Do I still buy some every now and then?  Yuppers!  I'm hopeless.

I said I had enough, too, but those canisters are so cute and a different shape.  Good for storing and offering cookies or something like that Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Reading these responses made me worry so I checked my account to make sure my order really was canceled. The order was placed at 7:24AM, then canceled at 9:35AM. 

Maybe the orders go to the vendor at intervals throughout the day.

I do not ever remember not being able to cancel QVC orders within a few hours. I believe HSN gives you until midnight.

I thought so, too.

Honored Contributor

NoelSeven wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

sunshine45 wrote:

(bolded by me)  Oh, I don't know.  You should see my cabinets full of L&L.   I'm pretty sure I definitely have enough.  Do I still buy some every now and then?  Yuppers!  I'm hopeless.

I said I had enough, too, but those canisters are so cute and a different shape.  Good for storing and offering cookies or something like that Smiley Happy

I think you'll enjoy those three sizes.   They are very handy.  Well, ok, most of them are but these are a lot different that what's usually in a set.

One of my favorite sizes (of which I have to hang my head and admit that I have FIVE) is a large, round bowl that I use for cakes, bundt cakes, and watermelon halves.  Other things, too, but those are some of the biggest uses.  I got the first one in a set QVC had years ago called (something like) 'salad set'.  It came with the one huge bowl and 4 smaller ones (all the same size).   I subsequently just picked up one more and then one more, etc, of JUST the large bowl.  

Honored Contributor

As someone here already mentioned: When we aren't quite sure, better to pay by check.  Wait a day or two before we send the check.  Then cancel before we even mail it. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@DM Tiara wrote:

If you place your order on a CHECK status, you could have cancelled it. QVC holds check orders waiting for an edit to switch the order to a card.  SAME DEAL WITH COMPUTER ORDERS .... you can't cancel once you've paid with a CARD.  Check status can always be cancelled because no payment has been collected. 

Thank you, good to know Smiley Happy

@NoelSeven

BUT, be aware that after a certain, unknown number of times that you put an order on 'check status' and DON'T eventually change the order to a credit card, QVC will ban you from using 'check status'.

I speak from experience. I can't use 'check status' as a result of this, after reading here on the forums that many were using this method to give them time to 'reconsider' their purchase.

Just an FYI......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.