Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did You Know You Can't Cancel A Food Order The Same Day?

@NoelSeven wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I've never ordered a food item so I didn't know this. Well, I actually did a bill to-ship to order with Cheryl's cookies two Christmases ago but, since I didn't try to cancel, it doesn't apply here. 

My question is -- if the order goes to the vendor then why couldn't a cancellation go to the vendor too? 

I hope someone can tell us from experience what the options are now. Can you refuse the package or return to sender unopened? And would they deduct the return shipping knowing you had tried to cancel the order?

I'm sorry I'm not more help. I have more questions than answers. I feel like the order should be able to be cancelled since it's obviously not being shipped yet. From the afternoon to 9pm is only a matter of hours!

Hi Susy, I have more questions, too Smiley Happy

I ordered three of the Honora bracelets when they were on last.  They came one at a time days apart, and the last one hasn't even shipped yet and it's past the due date.  Two are gifts, including the missing set.

It seems like they could be shipped together in one package, but no. I've seen the same comment from others about ordering multiples of something and each is sent separately. I makes no sense to me but what do I know? 

One thing I do know is that sometimes my order is shipped and there's a shipping number given but, for days when I try to check on its progress, it doesn't even show up online. Then suddenly, on the day it arrives, it shows up and says "out for delivery" and "delivered." I've never had a problem really that wasn't resolved (knock on wood), but I feel your frustration! 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Yeah, I've learned that lesson - more than once. d'oh!  You'd think I would pay better attention.

Where it's nailed me was with auto-deliveries.  I learned to get ahead of it and then I keep forgetting.   I've tried to cancel one IMMEDIATELY after I got the email of the new order and not one time have they been able to cancel it.

+++++++++++++++++++++

OMG, I just said OK to an auto delivery.  I know I've canceled one of those before when I didn't like the first shipment, they must have changed that, too.

I ordered the L&L you and I were talking about yesterday, and hit auto delivery for two other seasonal follow-ups.  I hope there are no problems with those.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

This is an issue which is not specific to food orders, and it has been discussed before  on the boards (but it has been a while).

Some items sold by QVC (and HSN) ship directly from the vendors.  These orders, when placed, are transmitted almost immediately to the warehouse of the vendor for shipping.  Once this is transmitted, it is usually not possible to cancel the order because it is no longer in QVC's control.

In general, it is best to be sure one wants an item when it is ordered.  No company can guarantee an item will be cancelled after the order is placed, and many do not even offer this option.  Because people want fast shipping, it is a bit unrealistic to expect companies to hold onto orders, after someone has confirmed their desire to purchase, until people decide if they really want an item.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I've never ordered a food item so I didn't know this. Well, I actually did a bill to-ship to order with Cheryl's cookies two Christmases ago but, since I didn't try to cancel, it doesn't apply here. 

My question is -- if the order goes to the vendor then why couldn't a cancellation go to the vendor too? 

I hope someone can tell us from experience what the options are now. Can you refuse the package or return to sender unopened? And would they deduct the return shipping knowing you had tried to cancel the order?

I'm sorry I'm not more help. I have more questions than answers. I feel like the order should be able to be cancelled since it's obviously not being shipped yet. From the afternoon to 9pm is only a matter of hours!

Hi Susy, I have more questions, too Smiley Happy

I ordered three of the Honora bracelets when they were on last.  They came one at a time days apart, and the last one hasn't even shipped yet and it's past the due date.  Two are gifts, including the missing set.

It seems like they could be shipped together in one package, but no. I've seen the same comment from others about ordering multiples of something and each is sent separately. I makes no sense to me but what do I know? 

One thing I do know is that sometimes my order is shipped and there's a shipping number given but, for days when I try to check on its progress, it doesn't even show up online. Then suddenly, on the day it arrives, it shows up and says "out for delivery" and "delivered." I've never had a problem really that wasn't resolved (knock on wood), but I feel your frustration! 

I've been getting that, too.  Last month I had three orders from two consecutive days, none came with info or the tracking link.  Just as you experienced, they just showed up one day.  I wonder if that's UPS, though.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

This is an issue which is not specific to food orders, and it has been discussed before  on the boards (but it has been a while).

Some items sold by QVC (and HSN) ship directly from the vendors.  These orders, when placed, are transmitted almost immediately to the warehouse of the vendor for shipping.  Once this is transmitted, it is usually not possible to cancel the order because it is no longer in QVC's control.

In general, it is best to be sure one wants an item when it is ordered.  No company can guarantee an item will be cancelled after the order is placed, and many do not even offer this option.  Because people want fast shipping, it is a bit unrealistic to expect companies to hold onto orders, after someone has confirmed their desire to purchase, until people decide if they really want an item.

I can't imagine it's a problem when it's all electronic and the order is placed on a Sunday.

That might hold true for Amazon, but I can't see it in this instance when I am lucky to get any Q order on its way in 6 days time.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you place your order on a CHECK status, you could have cancelled it. QVC holds check orders waiting for an edit to switch the order to a card.  SAME DEAL WITH COMPUTER ORDERS .... you can't cancel once you've paid with a CARD.  Check status can always be cancelled because no payment has yet, been collected.     Of course all the CARD orders will be filled first, but if you need a short time to think it over, this process SAVES a return, and in the long run, helps QVC, too by preventing needed returns.

Honored Contributor

@DM Tiara wrote:

If you place your order on a CHECK status, you could have cancelled it. QVC holds check orders waiting for an edit to switch the order to a card.  SAME DEAL WITH COMPUTER ORDERS .... you can't cancel once you've paid with a CARD.  Check status can always be cancelled because no payment has been collected. 

Thank you, good to know Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

NoelSeven wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Yeah, I've learned that lesson - more than once. d'oh!  You'd think I would pay better attention.

Where it's nailed me was with auto-deliveries.  I learned to get ahead of it and then I keep forgetting.   I've tried to cancel one IMMEDIATELY after I got the email of the new order and not one time have they been able to cancel it.

+++++++++++++++++++++

OMG, I just said OK to an auto delivery.  I know I've canceled one of those before when I didn't like the first shipment, they must have changed that, too.

I ordered the L&L you and I were talking about yesterday, and hit auto delivery for two other seasonal follow-ups.  I hope there are no problems with those.

I hope you enjoy your Lock & Lock.  The a/d should be fine.  

I kind of wish QVC would do like Amazon with auto-deliveries.  I always get an email every month from Amazon with my upcoming auto-deliveries for that month and it gives a day by which I can cancel or edit any of them.  That way it's not left to my failing brain to remember ahead of time.  hehe

From QVC I just get the email that the order was processed then I realize I forgot again.  I have way too many chicken breasts!

Honored Contributor

My issue with this is not their policy, it's that it isn't advertised, made known.

I asked Customer Service last night if that information about not cancelling a food order is out there somewhere on the site or mentioned on TV and she said not that she knew of.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

In a moment of weakness (when I was hungry), I ordered those baby back ribs during the presentation ... thought better of it and tried to cancel within thirty minutes.   No such luck ... they were already shipping!

Anyway, when they arrived we had one slab for dinner and they were quite good ... not the best I've had, but not bad at all. 

However, I've learned not to order any more food from here.  Never again ...