Honored Contributor

Did You Have Any Collections As A Child?

I had a very long dresser.  I collected glass painted horses, a few of our breed of dog, and rocks. I also had a paperback book on rocks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Have Any Collections As A Child?

I collected nutcrackers, I don’t really care for them now, but I loved them as a child.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

miss nancy and ginny dolls.  also I think I had many of those sory book dolls I would get as gifts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

now, ask me as an adult... that's when it got baaad.  i started out on thimbles.  from everywhere. then David somebody cottages.  then I hit the harder stuff like vintage handbags. then I couldn't stop, and graduated to designer handbags.  thas where i am now.  over 200 hand bags,most in storage bins.  sick and a waste.  if there was a purse museum I would donate....but I wouldn't want to see them on eBay as many are rare  and historic

Honored Contributor

My father purchased dolls for me that were representative of countries that he visited.  I had an extensive book collection, as basically those were my go-to presents.  

Esteemed Contributor

I collect LION everything & books  I loved The Bobbsey Twins books.

Esteemed Contributor

Barbie dolls....lots of her clothes....and lots of those tiny shoes that never stayed on!!

Esteemed Contributor

NOPE -

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty   I know you are aware that designer handbags do retain a lot of their value. When you are ready, I'm sure you will find a venue for your precious bags.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

miss nancy and ginny dolls.  also I think I had many of those sory book dolls I would get as gifts.

@shoekitty. I still have two Ginny dolls, their wardrobe closets and clothes.