Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Eliminate Your *LANDLINE*? Was It a Good Decision or Not?

@Solar Is My Name   We still have a landline and Spectrum is our carrier...I wanted to cancel the landline and since we have bundled services, our monthly rate would go up!!  Just beware if you cancel.

I want to cancel Spectrum phone, DH is not convinced to do so.  Neither one of us use our cell phones very often, I need to try and use it more often so I feel comfortable with it.

We're looking at eliminating some programing in November/December so we'll see what it will cost of downgrade services and drop the phone...it's all a racket.

Honored Contributor

I have one too,  It is cordless and big lol.  One of my grand kids friends said it was a midevil phone lol.  I laughed so hard.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

For 20 dollars I would keep it. We've keep ours because we've  had the same number for many years and thats the number our elderly family members have.

Also we had a very good coworker friend call to tell us his wife was ill with cancer and that was the only number  he could find.

I woud jump on it for $20.00 a month.  Where I live, in liew of a bundle a land line woud cost me about $84. a month.

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name Yep, sure did.  Haven't looked back.

Honored Contributor

Years and years ago we got rid of our landline phone. I was so reluctant at the time but it was the best thing we ever did. We have since built a new home and are living there now. We didn't even have ithis house wired for a phone line.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

We just recently moved into a temporary place and didn't want to be bothered setting up a landline, but I do miss it, and as soon as we 'land' somewhere more permanent, I will be getting another landline.  I don't have my cell phone on me all the time-half the time I miss calls as I didn't hear my phone ringing, or it's dead, or it's charging, or the connection is bad, etc. I didn't think I would miss a landline but I really do.😂

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I eliminated my landline 10 years ago and haven't looked back. 

Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name  We cancelled our landline service recently after years of mediocre service. Like you, we wanted to keep it to ensure we had phone service during power outages. The problem was in the outside lines  DH tried to cancel several times and they would miraculously fix the problem and restore good service - until the next time we had a storm. The last technician who came out admitted that Verizon wasn't supporting landline service anymore and they wouldn't replace the lines, just do workarounds. We cancelled when we realized that all of our friends and family were calling us on our cell phones because they were more reliable than our landline. We have not regretted it at all. 

Trusted Contributor

I still have my land phone,I do have cell phone,but use only for emergencies.My land phone  is with my cable,spectrum,bill.It's very cheap to include.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shut down my landline probably 15 years ago or more.  Never regretted or looked back.  Went for too many years with on messages only my machine from telemarketers.  One dear lady called my number by mistake accepting and invitation to a dinner.  I called her back she had called my number by mistake and should probably try her call again.  I think that was the last time I had a conversation with anyone on that landline.  It was just nightly deletes of messages I did not want.  It is very freeing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."