Frequent Contributor

Re: Did You Eliminate Your *LANDLINE*? Was It a Good Decision or Not?

Hi

All good posts.

I have a landline & it only costs $20/mo.

Thought about giving it up as getting so many robocalls.

Have a cell phone but don't keep it on all the time..

And have Inexpensive TracFone plan.

Phone co.advised not to give up..as been stated before..cell phone towers go out..u still have communication with the outside world.

But.. it's your choice.

Respected Contributor

I have Spectrum bundle so phone part not large cost.  I like keeping it so that I can continue giving that phone number out instead of cell number.  Spam calls more prevalent on landline.  Since caller ID shows numbers I can be picky and caller can leave message if it's a real caller.  I know my cell shows ID too, but I like not having it ring so much. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Hi @Solar Is My Name    I have Verizon.  I’m kind of wondering whether the person at the Verizon store didn’t really know what she was doing.  I changed my plan at the same time as getting a new phone and it all went south from there.   It was the worst phone buying experience I’ve ever had. 

@itsmagic 

Is Verizon getting hard up for customers?  They are constantly come around our Condo complex soliciting Verizon....I guess they didnt notice the huge sign at the Condo entrance that says, "No Soliciting" ....🙄 Im really getting tired of them....I dont answer the door I just look out the peep hole and see their Verizon uniform and Name Tag Badge....One neighbor said she called the Security Guard on them.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My landline is part of my cable package deal.  Doesn't cost anything extra.

If power goes out and  can't charge my cellphone - the landline is always live.

Frequent Contributor

Hi! All 

I don't give out my cell phone no. to many..you don't 

know how "far and wide" it goes.

Selective in who gets it.

That's "just me" though.😊