Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did You Buy Powerball Tickets

Yes, I bought a Mega Millions ticket, and I still have to work. 

sad-face (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I never did, but my boyfriend used to.  He once missed the jackpot by one birthday.  He played all of our birthdays, the one that was off was my oldest daughter who was born on the 10th and the number was 16 (which happened to be her due date).  Although the lottery was in the millions, he only got about $2,000.

Even though you would be disappointed not winning the millions, I wouldn't say no to $2000! I like to buy $5 scratch off tickets and never come out ahead. Whatever I win gets reinvested. I actually won $5 so I added $1 and got my Powerball tickets, like for free!

Respected Contributor

No, that's too much money for one person.  I might buy some regular lotto tickets this weekend, though.  I'd be happy with a couple million  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

No, that's too much money for one person.  I might buy some regular lotto tickets this weekend, though.  I'd be happy with a couple million  Woman LOL

LOL.  You can share with me and the rest of the forum.  I don't think any of us mind.  Smiley Happy

But you're right.  It's like becoming Oprah overnight.   

Esteemed Contributor

I did buy tickets, only two! Only takes one to win!

Husband also says it's too much money to win, I told him to quit worrying and that I'd handle the finances!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

No, because I won't really need the money.    Based on their extensive communications with me, next month I'll be winning the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.     hahaha

Respected Contributor

Guess I lost last night....😪 well, will try again this weekend.

I just want to be comfortable, help out my family and friends, and travel, travel, travel!!!!

No greed in me, honestly.

Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

I would be overwhelmed by a huge win also.  I think the right amount for me would be $5 million.  I have a very large extended family and I could take care of everyone with that much money. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought some for saturdays  lottery.Just think of all the good one could do ,to help so many.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

If I won the whole kit 'n kaboodle, I would buy a nice modest home, donate to my favorite animal charities, and travel!