Super Contributor

Re: Did You Buy Powerball Tickets

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I don't buy lottery tickets. It's official that I'll never win any lottery......

I will not pay $2.00 for one ticket.   

I will sometimes buy the $1 ticket for the state lotto which still has over a million dollars in the pot.

Super Contributor

Do you all pick your own numbers or a Quick Pick?

I always would pick my own.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a ticket last week when it wasn't this high and another for this week. I did NOT have one number either week. I never played until now.

Here is a tip for those who play regularly- I heard on the news that 70% to 80% of winners in lotteries let the machine pick the numbers (which is what I did).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Well, from what I read on our local news site this morning, if it's accurate, is that we'll all have a chance to do this again.

They announced NO winner for last night's drawing.  Saturday's night's drawing will be $676M or something like that.

Off to the store I go to get my tickets!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

There was a winner.  I matched the last number on my ticket which I think gets me a whole $1.   Woo hoo!  I have no idea what I'm going to spend it on.  

Respected Contributor

Hubby does when it's an insane amount.   He hasn't packed his things or disappeared so I guess he didn't win.

I like scratch tickets myself.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I had the Powerball number...$4...whatever shall I buy? jk

I'll add to it and buy more for Saturday

Valued Contributor

No I believe in earning money.  

Respected Contributor

DH and I played the CA lottery from day one, every darn week. The most we ever "won" was $10. Big Whoop. Stopped that waste of $ last year and save it instead . I'm curious....has anyone here EVER had a big (over $100) win with any lottery'powerball? Maybe I'm just a loser.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

DH and I played the CA lottery from day one, every darn week. The most we ever "won" was $10. Big Whoop. Stopped that waste of $ last year and save it instead . I'm curious....has anyone here EVER had a big (over $100) win with any lottery'powerball? Maybe I'm just a loser.Woman Wink

@silkyk  Family members only so I'm hoping my genes eventually kick in.  My Grandmother was a literal statistician with legal pads filled with the winning numbers and what numbers hadn't been out yet and what she thought were due.  She ended up finally hitting the Fantasy 5 back in the day but was miffed because two other people hit it with her.  She still came away with a nice little sum but 'all that work for nothing'.  LOL  I'll take her work for nothing anytime.