Trusted Contributor

Re: Did You Buy Anything On Prime Day

I haven't purchased a darn thing, at least nothing from Prime Day deals. Nothing that purchase on a regular basis was included in the deals for today. 

Honored Contributor

Not a thing.

Honored Contributor

@thyme Patty wrote:

I thought about buying the Kindle E reader 6" Glare Free.. Just not sure I'd like it.  I'm so used to buying books.   The price is great..  

@thyme Patty, I don't know how much it is, but everyone I know hasn't regretted purchasing a Kindle E Reader. My mother who is elderly loves hers' as her eyesight isn't very good and she can enlarge the print (who am I kidding she can't do it I do)!

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@thyme Patty wrote:

I thought about buying the Kindle E reader 6" Glare Free.. Just not sure I'd like it.  I'm so used to buying books.   The price is great..  

@thyme Patty, I don't know how much it is, but everyone I know hasn't regretted purchasing a Kindle E Reader. My mother who is elderly loves hers' as her eyesight isn't very good and she can enlarge the print (who am I kidding she can't do it I do)!

I love mine! I think the 1st one I bought was around $250 ~ they sure have come down in price. 

I just bought the newest Fire on release day back in June ~ and that was pretty cheap then too. My paperwhite is better to read outside, however, too much glare with the Fire.

Trusted Contributor

It wasn't on sale but I bought the Firestick.  I'm a prime member, I have wireless cable, and the customer reviews lead me to believe I'll be able to access all the free Prime videos on my tv, as opposed to my laptop.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a thing. I looked and looked because I was really in the mood to buy but there was absolutely nothing for me.

I thought I'd buy another Kindle, maybe the Voyage, but nah, it wasn't a bargain. I didn't really need a new Kindle but I thought I'd like to try the Voyage because it has a few features I'd like, but there's nothing wrong with my Paperwhite.

I seem to be in the last century when it comes to gadgets like Alexa and the Echo, which I heard were on sale. I doubt I'd need them so I've never looked into them. Just another electronic device to clutter my desk, I guess.

I saved a lot of money yesterday!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I ended up buying an Echo for half price, a Dot for $10 off, a travel case for the Dot and a couple of "smart plugs" for my outlets that I can use to turn my lights on and off remotely thru the Alexa app. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I did, from JTV

Super Contributor

My orange 7" Fire died today, so I bought a few "devices".  Can't beat the price of $79 for 3  They don't seem to have orange anymore.  Maybe they only lasted a year.  I also have a Kindle and I love it.

Honored Contributor

Not a thing... I had nothing specific in mind to buy and just am not sifting through hundreds of web pages of merchandise looking... Amazon is a good resource and offers a very functional website, but with that volume of goods they probably need to consider other forms of organizing it all for shoppers to view...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...