Honored Contributor

Re: Did Yesterday's Free Shipping Drive You to Buy?

No, of cours not.  The shipping charges are not high enough to entice me to buy something. If I knew for a fact that in the near future,  I was going to buy something expensive that cost a lot to ship, then I would take advantage of free shipping.  That would be a savings.  But a shirt for $60 that I had not intended to buy, just to save $3.50 would not be a savings.  

Respected Contributor

No.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops -- I know what you mean.  I just moved.  Needless to say, I have 2 closets dedicated to VPH.  It's a real problem.  I'm not able to part with any of it.  The amount of stuff I have, and the fact that it's not organized properly is a constant stress. It made my move very tough.  I know I need to do something about it.  You're very smart resist buying more.  I wish I had your determination!! 

Valued Contributor

You're my hero @Boomernichols !  I keep ordering from QVC because, in the back of my mind, I feel like they're not going to be around much longer.  So I'm buying the things I've always wanted.  I think because so many stores are closing. . .the Q might just fade away.  I know that's crazy.  At the end of the day, I need to STOP!!   

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven Maybe my job is easier than yours.  What I'm cleaning out is my summer apartment which has only 2 closets.  Even so, as I work my way around the 500 square feet of space, I'm surprised many times at what I've managed to find space for.  I have very few decorative items left for which I have no sentimental attachment -  I'm willing to pay to ship those, but all the rest I can replace as I feel the need ---- I'm hoping not to.

With not buying, donating, and trashing I have my wardrobe, beauty, and decor stripped of as much as I can do for now.  My September goals involve books, pictures, and personal papers. I've done some of each of those, but still.....

Valued Contributor

@millieshops I love how organized you are.  You clearly have a game-plan.  Best of luck!

Honored Contributor

I was trying to think of something heavy I needed and couldn't come up with a single thing.  I forgot the 5 quart crock pot I think I need.  

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

No. I ordered too much this month anyway and I'm not going to buy anything else for a while, free shiping or not. (Famous last words!)

@Buffalogal47 

The best way to do that is to visit the website less and watch other channels if you watch presentations.   Out of sight, out of mind.   JMO.

Honored Contributor

No, free shipping doesn't get me to buy anything from Q.  So what if I can save $3.50 or $5.00.  I'd prefer  real sale prices instead.