Honored Contributor

Re: Did Yesterday's Free Shipping Drive You to Buy?

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

No. For me there needs to be a combination of a truly good sale price and free or reduced shipping. Free shipping alone usually doesn't move me unless an item i've had on my radar anyway is very expensive to ship. 

@stevieb 

Well for baganista's it might move some to make a purchase. After all it eliminates QVC's OUTRAGEOUS shipping on handbags that $12 fee to ship a bag in the same ole QVC box.....never understood that....

@Spurt 

I've always wondered why the shipping on handbags was so high too, and why it costs $12+ to ship to you, but only $6.95 to return (using label).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

No. For me there needs to be a combination of a truly good sale price and free or reduced shipping. Free shipping alone usually doesn't move me unless an item i've had on my radar anyway is very expensive to ship. 

@stevieb 

Well for baganista's it might move some to make a purchase. After all it eliminates QVC's OUTRAGEOUS shipping on handbags that $12 fee to ship a bag in the same ole QVC box.....never understood that....

@Spurt  It might... if the same bags weren't often available elsewhere at a lower cost AND with free shipping... Just sayin'... Smiley Very Happy Of course, there ARE exceptions with a Q-exclusive bag, or the very occasional very good price or a color not available elsewhere, but those exceptions are rare... Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb 

@Spurt 

I've always wondered why the shipping on handbags was so high too, and why it costs $12+ to ship to you, but only $6.95 to return (using label).

@KingstonsMom 

QVC must use some "new math" 😉😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Qvc has free shipping on everything only every 3 or 4 months. So I found my wish list that was lost and I placed an order for about 6 items,

The previous day Hsn had free shipping but I didn't know it.

I love free shipping days. Wish they had them more often.

Honored Contributor

No.

Valued Contributor

Beauty Maven, I didn't mind.Great minds think alike!
I ordered the 3. Patriotic mason jars w/ lights in each one for $21.
Been looking to try those fairy lights
& figure I got 6 pieces! Ha ha.
Take care.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt The only time I paid that shipping price was for a Dooney in a color exclusive to QVC.  For anything else, I support a local shop.

This year I'm trying to convince myself I'd be happy with fewer bags, but the decisions are painful!  I did finally donate the heaviest one of the 5 red bags in my collection.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!

I ordered a furniture lifter kit 'cause it was no tax and free shipping.  Also gor a Nesco foorsaver.  Amazonsmile was out of them and having recently had problems with one of their vendors on another item decided to go with Q because of the sales tax holiday and free shipping it brought the item closer in line with Amazon's price.

I think the free shipping is a good thing, not only on major purchases but also on tees.  QVC charges $3.50 per teeshirt!!!  So if you buy just three you've saved ovr $10.  Shipping charges really add up!

Honored Contributor

Congrats @Beauty Maven !

I decided to take a chance and see if I actually get my velvet sheets.  Between clearance pricing and free s&h, I decided to see if it does come.  With the exception of Amazon, I've been 0 for 2 so fingers crossed.  

They are all I use and I couldn't find them anywhere else anymore so I bought one of the last colors I don't have for my spring decor.

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven  NO, I have only placed one order this year and it was for the Beauty with Benefits campaign as it was for a great cause.