Valued Contributor

Did Yesterday's Free Shipping Drive You to Buy?

[ Edited ]

I've been wanting Valerie's 8" beveled mirror accent (H223463) for quite some time.  I already have the 10" and I love them.  I jumped in yesterday and bought 4 of the 8" and saved $22 on shipping.  I just hope they arrive in one piece!

EDIT:  So sorry, I did not see @red&curly's post on the Q Talk forum.  Didn't mean to double-post!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did Yesterday's Free Shipping Drive You to Buy?

nope....

Trusted Contributor

I didn't buy anything but if I wanted something shipping charges or no shipping charges would not have determined if I was going to order or not.  

Honored Contributor

Pleased to say I stuck to my determination not to add to what I have to pack to move.  I don't have a date, but I know anything I save by buying now will just cost more time, effort, and money in the move coming relatively soon.

Honored Contributor

No. For me there needs to be a combination of a truly good sale price and free or reduced shipping. Free shipping alone usually doesn't move me unless an item i've had on my radar anyway is very expensive to ship. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

No. For me there needs to be a combination of a truly good sale price and free or reduced shipping. Free shipping alone usually doesn't move me unless an item i've had on my radar anyway is very expensive to ship. 

@stevieb 

Well for baganista's it might move some to make a purchase. After all it eliminates QVC's OUTRAGEOUS shipping on handbags that $12 fee to ship a bag in the same ole QVC box.....never understood that....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The only thing I bought were some fall placements since I haven't seen what Ive wanted online or in stores....so it wasn't the free $3.50 shipping that moved me to purchase...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

No. I have decided to put extra money in things that will benifit our house since we are here more and stocking up on groceries for the winter since things seem to be very uncertain.

Floral Pillow
Esteemed Contributor

No.  The inspiration for me to have purchased anything would have been to be tempted to stick around long enough to be enticed by a presentation. Normally if I'm home in the early afternoon I'll click into ITKWD, but yesterday every time I did that he was presenting a food item.  The food from QVC is good, but not something I choose to buy for myself.  I was tempted to buy Patricia Nash's TSV tote on Saturday (since it was offered with free shipping), but  given the number of her bags that I have purchased this year, I can't justify another right now.  I did like the new dark green and when I'm in the mood to buy handbags again will keep my eye open for other styles from Patricia in that color.  

Esteemed Contributor

No