Respected Contributor

Today in the mail I received an orange/white striped plastic totebag from the Q.  I did not order it.  I wonder if it was a prize from the b-day celebration.  Did anyone else get one?  It is really not a bad bag, at all - good for beach/pool - but it does have QVC written all over the lining, so I assume it is some sort of promotional item.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Winner winner chicken dinner!  I've seen several other posters rec'ing totes in the mail today.

I didn't!

Honored Contributor

Do you have a birthday about now?  I've heard of people getting them on or near their birthdays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

@Peaches McPhee

Yes you did...win this. It is a beach bag/tote for our 30th birthday celebrations. enjoy!

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

I think free shipping or a coupon code would have been a better use of QVC's resources.  It would have also been better for their bottom line.  HSN used to have free shipping with their Spin To Win as well as gift cards.  I won a bunch of free shippings and even one $25 gift card.  Then they made it so you could only win those stupid tickets that have no value.  I don't play anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I think free shipping or a coupon code would have been a better use of QVC's resources.  It would have also been better for their bottom line.  HSN used to have free shipping with their Spin To Win as well as gift cards.  I won a bunch of free shippings and even one $25 gift card.  Then they made it so you could only win those stupid tickets that have no value.  I don't play anymore.

@Ms X I agree regarding free ship or coupon code but I think I've long since given up on coupon codes from QVC and hence the reason I hardly ever buy anything from them, and certainly never anything I can get from other sites that DO offere actualy coupon codes.

Regarding HSN, I never did understand their game with the tickets and all that but the good thing is they do offer free shipping ALOT now (at least on beauty stuff, don't know about anything else) without having to jump through hoops and I get coupon codes all the time even though I don't have an HSN card and I rarely buy anything from them. Just recently I used one that was $10 off a $20 order,  The item I bought (Tweak-d restore jar duo) had free shipping and was on sale for $26 so I only paid $16 for the duo- so $8 per jar- which is almost drugstore prices. I think one jar is normally $26. What a great deal!

Respected Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I agree!  HSN gives free shipping and 20% coupons.

Trusted Contributor

So they're sending out totes and not even putting a note in the package to let you know that it's a prize?  That's kind of lazy and dumb.  People are going to be contacting CS in droves thinking they were charged for something they didn't order.  

Honored Contributor

There should have been a note inside saying you won. Hopefully people will check their order status online and see that they didn't order any totes before calling about it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations @Peaches McPhee  ☺️