Respected Contributor

Re: Did I hear this correctly - Bill Gates

yes we will learn to  get what we want from the internet. times r changing so fast now this is something and we are scared. saw something if you want broadway shows now they will perform but we can rent it live. movies now playing rent it. we got to keep them in business without the audience. How many people can afford to fly to NY to watch it? It's a memory going into a sit down resturant. Things are changing & when we do get back wonder how all of this will effect us. Sorry it's about Bill Gates and glad he is giving back to help all of us. I plan to donate some of my check to food bank & humane society too. We need to help eachother & if we can do it great others need it for their needs understand. 

Honored Contributor

I also saw on tv this past week the facebook couple/owners gave about the same to the cause too.

It's so great that are multi-billionaires who can do such tings, another is Mike Bloomberg who does such things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I thought it was toward developing a vaccine but I could be wrong. He was on CNN saying that the testing should have started in January and that we should be isolating in our homes for about 10 more weeks.  

What?  And then living on the street?  

@Sooner 

Don't kill the messenger!  I was only quoting Bill Gates.  I have been self quarantined for five weeks already.  I am sure I will be babbling idiot after another 10 weeks. 

@DiAnne Wow!  You haven't been out at all shopping the entire month of March?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I thought it was toward developing a vaccine but I could be wrong. He was on CNN saying that the testing should have started in January and that we should be isolating in our homes for about 10 more weeks.  

Where and when did he get his medical degree in infectious diseases?

Honored Contributor

I'm listening to Dr. Anthony Fauci for direction on how to best protect myself against COVID-19.  

Respected Contributor

yes they did, and they made sure everyone heard about it.

$100,000,000 is pocket change to someone who is worth billions+ of dollars. I'm glad he did it, though, and I wish some of the other heavy hitters would do the same.

Although it's possible they have but simply didn't advertise it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

yes they did, and they made sure everyone heard about it.

$100,000,000 is pocket change to someone who is worth billions+ of dollars. I'm glad he did it, though, and I wish some of the other heavy hitters would do the same.

Although it's possible they have but simply didn't advertise it.

Yeah, not everyone feels the need to toot their own horn...

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1: Your not alone here's a selfie of myself i just took this morning.

b9dac41294eabcac3dd961cf58ad4498 - Edited.jpg 

Trusted Contributor

Anyone know if Jeff Bezos has donated any money?  I haven't heard him or other billionaires announce anything.  Haven't heard either from some who want the world to think they're billionaires, but in reality may only be millionaires.  LOL.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

I haven't.  I am having groceries delivered.  I know it costs more but I am saving money on all the other things I cannot do - lunch and dinner out, movies, hair cuts, etc.