Re: Did I hear this correctly - Bill Gates

Event 201.  Research it.

Honored Contributor

We knew and we failed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

The Gates's have been very involved in world health for many years.  They also signed a pledge with many other billionaires such as Warren Buffett and Sheryl Sandberg to donate the bulk of their wealth to charitable causes.  

@Linmo- Michael Bloomberg is part of that pledge as well. Very generous people in this world.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I thought it was toward developing a vaccine but I could be wrong. He was on CNN saying that the testing should have started in January and that we should be isolating in our homes for about 10 more weeks.  

Where and when did he get his medical degree in infectious diseases?

His Foundation, which is a legit one, focuses on health care - emerging disease and prevention.  They have access to amazing information and they

have donated way beyond usual ‘gifting’ percentages of most people.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Anyone who gives to a good cause -- thank you.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of us can do our part in some small way even if we're not Bill Gates.  For those who are able to, please support your local small businesses by purchasing a gift card or doing some early online Christmas shopping with all of the discounts currently available at online retailers like QVC and Nordstrom.  For all of us, please stay at home and let our frontline healthcare and emergency first responders focus on those who most need their attention right now.

Honored Contributor

When you have billions of dollars, the right to do is donate some of your money for a crisis.  And, we are in a crisis.  Thank you to the Gates for their kind, generous donation.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The Gates have always been like that.  I can only imagine the amount of money thy have given over the years to so many causes.  One of the few scrupulous billionaires out there.