Esteemed Contributor

Did Anyone Have A Weird Color Sky Last Evening?

About 8/8:30 last evening the sky was a weird hazy yellow.  It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

About 20 years ago a tornado came through here and they sky was greenish but last night beat that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Have A Weird Color Sky Last Evening?

In western PA we had a tornado touch down north of me. There were terrible storms in parts of the country.

Super Contributor

We've been having  50 to 60 mph winds here in Oklahoma.  The sky was yellow.  It was dust that the wind kicked up.  That was on Wednesday.  

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

About 8/8:30 last evening the sky was a weird hazy yellow.  It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

About 20 years ago a tornado came through here and they sky was greenish but last night beat that.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  We're in SW PA.  We had some storms with nasty winds about an hour earilier than you mention.  In fact our power is out until approximately 10 pm tonight.

I always am very aware of the sky color since experiencing a tornado in our area many years back.  i was outside washing my car. Sky got green/yellowish and everything became very still and quiet.  Then all i heard was emergency vehicle sirens for hours.  The tornado hit about two miles from my parents' farm.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting you mentioned that. I was driving last night at 830 and the sky in La. was a beautiful glowing yellow from the recently setting sun. Amazing!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 ,  I live in B'ham. AL and didn't notice the sky last night.  But in the 1970's, in the daytime, I was home alone when the outside turned as green as could be.  I was scared to death.  I gathered my little dog and we went to the neighbors house and asked them if we could sit with them a while.  It wasn't raining or bad weather.  It lasted for about 45 minutes.  I never heard anything about it afterwards.