Honored Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Just See the Model Get the TSV caught in her hair?

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

At the 3:00PM airing with Jennifer Coffey, just now when introducing the  TSV they showed the model doing it before they started talking about it.

The model got her hair caught in the thing and couldn't get it out!  She kept pulling on it and it would let go of her hair!

You could tell she wanted the camera off of her but it stayed there for a few seconds longer.

That's the beauty of live TV.  I guess things just happen!  

I don't have much hair as it is.  The last thing I want to do is take a chance that I'll have to cut what few strands I have off!

I'm sure most of the time it works great, but I couldn't take that chance.  I've often wondered if it could get messed up.  I'd be sure to be the one to do it.  Ha!

I saw a bit of that presentation last night at midnight.  Even with my thin hair it would take me two hours to get my whole head done, as one can only do one inch of hair at a time.  No thanks!!  I'll stick with my Perfector too!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

When I first saw the pic of that product, I wondered how on earth it could work properly!!!

Trusted Contributor

Count me as another who bought it and got her hair caught!!! YIKES...It was not fun..steer clear of this contraptionSmiley Sad

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

TSV  5/3/16.  Horrible product!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

No way would I be willing to try that thing.  I am scared to death of it. 

Honored Contributor

Only takes one time for something like this to go awry.  Even if I wanted to get this I would not be buying.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I have a curling iron that works really great for beachy waves and curls. It's called the Kiss Ultrawave. You put a section of hair in the little prongs that stick up from the bottom and they wind the hair in either direction depending on which way you push the button. That's probably not a good description, but it works really well. It's not too pricey either, less than $50 at Target. 

Today's TSV looks scary. I wouldn't that thing sucking my hair into it! 

I have the same one (the Kiss) and it works great. No problems at all! The best curling item for my long hair ever. This Conair one looks scary!!!!

Honored Contributor

Looks like something that could be in a Poltergeist or Alien type movie.  Pretty up for a date right before it sucks your brain out of your head.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It only took me about 5 seconds of watching the midnight presentation to know I did not want this item.  The first thing that came to mind was getting hair drawn up into the air intake section of a powerful vacuum cleaner.  No thanks.  What an awful idea.

Valued Contributor

Yup, I saw it and quickly DVR'ed it!  It certainly deterred me from EVER wanting to purchase this product again!  I had owned one in the past and it suddenly and inexplicably died on me, and for a moment this morning, I considered it, thinking maybe they improved the quality. After seeing the poor model's frightened and pained expression...not-so-much.