Respected Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Just See the Model Get the TSV caught in her hair?

I didn't see it but I can only imagine.  If I had long hair, I would find some other way to curl it.  It looks like it would take forever and what in the world would you do if your hair did get caught in it?  I got my short hair tangled in the Perfecter a couple of months ago.  At one point, I thought I would just have to wear the thing permanently but DH got it untangled.

Honored Contributor

The model seemed upset judging from the look on her face. I was surprised that the camera stayed on her. Just looking at that contraption it seemed like an accident waiting to happen. I'll stick to my hot rollers or curling iron..

Trusted Contributor

In addition to getting your hair stuck in it, I can't see how this tool can possibly save time. I would think it would take about as much time as using a curling iron. With my using hot rollers, they are in and out in 10-12 minutes.

Honored Contributor

Maybe that is the reason it is an advance order...they weren't sure if the product could survive all presentations without a mishap.I feel for the model that got hers stuck and hope that they didn't have to cut it out of her hair.

Valued Contributor

I didn't see that one but sometime this morning I was watching & when the model put it in her hair & started it up she got this weird look on her face & tears came in her eyes!  My husband & I was sitting her & both said at same time "wow that looked like it hurt her!" She tried to smile but you could tell it was hard for her to do. She also looked like she wished they would take the camera off her!  And then another model tried to do it  & couldn't get the strand of hair in it. They had to help her!  I thought oh my gosh!  No way would I put that in my hair!!  Besides that I didn't think it looked that good anyway! Just me!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a curling iron that works really great for beachy waves and curls. It's called the Kiss Ultrawave. You put a section of hair in the little prongs that stick up from the bottom and they wind the hair in either direction depending on which way you push the button. That's probably not a good description, but it works really well. It's not too pricey either, less than $50 at Target. 

Today's TSV looks scary. I wouldn't that thing sucking my hair into it! 

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind, I only saw one presentation............It seems as though it would work much better if done/used by someone else.  A friend, hair stylist, etc.  And the curls didn't look thick enough; (only thin strands of curls which might take longer to style).   I could be wrong, though.  Hopefully it does a great job and folks are happy. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I bought one of the TSV curlers at Ulta a couple of years ago.

I have very thick hair and apparently if you put too big a section in the curler, it can get stuck. It happened to me.  I unplugged it and slowly worked it out of the curler.  No permanent damage done, but it scared me to death.  It was returned very quickly!

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

That device would bring back bad memories of when I got some hair stuck in a Dirt Devil hand-held vac once.
Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I'll stick with my Perfector.