Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Get a Special Numer to Call.........

@sidsmom  If I was worried about being scammed, would I be on this Forum? Nope. QVC has an air-tight ITT Dept. with all of our private information. I'm confident when we receive calls or emails from QVC, it is legitimate.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 

Nope no special phone # for me!  Seems Q marketing is "targeting" a certain demographic of customers.  

My older friend (in her 80s) orders almost everyday.  She watches certain shows but her other friends will call her & tell her what's on.  She enjoys buying clothing and food as she is semi-disabled and going to stores is not easy.

The reason I mention this is I never get any great offers or incentives to shop QVC as a shopper since CVN days but she & her friends received the offer to open Q card and got $75 merchandise credit.  Of course, they all shopped and opened a card.

And yes she told me yesterday she got a call from QVC regarding ordering via phone (which she does). She asked me if it was a SCAM or real.  I told her to call CS interestly no CS had any idea about "special" number.  

I see from other posts it's legit.  I order online.

QVC "powers that be" should realize "longtime" customers have built this company and should want to do something to "keep" us😉.   

@Beth-QVC  - Perhaps you should notify management that the Customer Service reps are unaware of this special number since customers are calling them.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@sidsmom  If I was worried about being scammed, would I be on this Forum? Nope. QVC has an air-tight ITT Dept. with all of our private information. I'm confident when we receive calls or emails from QVC, it is legitimate.

@BirkiLady 

I totally agree QVC has an air-tight ITT department.

It’s the nefarious people/companies claiming to be QVC

whom I don’t trust.  

Like I mentioned upthread, you can never be too careful, eh?

QVC Customer Care

@San Antonio Gal 

I will let management know the reps seem to be uninformed regarding this new program.Thank you1

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC I'm not worried but it's like I said, I have a terrible memory when it comes to numbers especially.

Everything I order I do it by the automated number.  I seldom talk to an individual.

The few times I've spoken to a person, I've been asked if I want to talk on TV.

I've only done it twice.  Once was with Mary Beth years ago and the other time it was a few months ago with Shawn.  I have 6 Dyson fans and have bought some for 2 of my daughters.  I believe in Dyson and I like Shawn.

But thanks for coming on to let other's know it isn't a bogus number.  That's nice of you.  Have a good Sunday.

Honored Contributor

On one hand I applaud companies that recognize loyal customers.

However, on the other hand it kinda just doesn't seem fair.  Everyone's money is as good as the next.  That's how I see it.

I get frustrated the way a loyal customer of something isn't more often recognized by companies.

There goes that two sides of my brain that drives me crazy.  See ladies, I told you.....they constantly counter each other.

But.....like I said....it went in one ear and out the other because I am a creature of habit and I won't remember to dial it and I'm also a person who believes I don't really need whatever it is so if I don't get it....it was meant to be and I just move on.

That philosophy has kept me away from the psychiatrist couch (unlike every family member).  It's made me what I am today.....Ha!  Some would say that 'ain't necessarily a good thing'.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Just like the QVC mug deal. It caused some hurt feelings from those who really wanted one and thought they should get one. Not all of use are deemed "special"Smiley Happy and don`t order enough. LOL.

I order on line also so do not care one way or another.

Respected Contributor

My sister got the special # as she shops a lot. I on the other hand, did not get as I rarely shop. Fine with me, I'll use the automated call as I usually do.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

Just like the QVC mug deal. It caused some hurt feelings from those who really wanted one and thought they should get one. Not all of use are deemed "special"Smiley Happy and don`t order enough. LOL.

I order on line also so do not care one way or another.

@Gorgf  They said the mugs were sent randomly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

Unfortunately, @BirkiLady, QVC doesn't have a history of a well-designed or well-managed website.   Since I first began using their site for shopping and later joined the forums, I was perplexed that they were so far behind other large corporations and that their site consistently has so many technical problems and lackadaisical tech support.   As one of many, many examples, a few years ago the login page began automatically filling in other customers' email addresses (not the email address of the person trying to login) at random.    Even with countless Community threads, phone calls, and email messages alerting QVC about it, because their IT support is so delayed it took days for the problem to be fixed.    That's when I stopped saving my financial info on the site.

Another example, the escalating list of problems we see on the Community...  long delays in accessing user profiles, responding to posts or editing posts, uploading images.   That one has been with us since last November.   It's long been evident that the powers-that-be don't seem to value sound, reliable IT design/management/support or immediate response to problems. 

Regarding email messages, often there are nefarious, spoofed phishing-expedition emails that are well-designed, crafted, and appear to be from QVC but are not.    There have been threads about that, and I do hope everyone will continue to be vigilant about making sure the email messages are valid and legitimate before clicking any links or using any of the contact info provided.   QVC can do little to prevent these phishing attempts, although it can be helpful to report them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova