Honored Contributor

Did Anyone Else Get a Special Numer to Call.........

So, I received a recorded message from QVC maybe Thursday telling me "because I'm such a great (?) QVC Customer, they were giving me a special number to call when ordering or if I have a problem.  It said that phone number would 'allow' me to jump ahead of the line of people waiting on the phone to order.

Everything I order, I use automated line.  Unless if I'm sending things to someone other than myself, I never speak to a person.

I was wondering if other's here received that 'special phone number'?

I know I've been asked if I ever got the letter telling me I couldn't order because I'd sent back so many things (the answer is no).

I guess the amount of 'stuff' I order outweighs the amount of 'things' I've sent back?  I don't know.

Who else got the call about this 'special number'.  I think that's what they called it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Get a Special Numer to Call.........

I have not called to order anything in a number of years.  I order everthing on my computer.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Sweet lady, as much as you order for yourself and daughters, etc., I'm not surprised they gave you a special phone number, LOL!

But no, I didn't get a call, of course I have a really good call blocker, so they probably wouldn't have gotten through if they even tried!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I got that phone call, too. I was quite surprised and thought maybe it's an attempt to improve customer service. I haven't had to use it yet, but will if necessary.

Honored Contributor

@ripka junkie wrote:

I have not called to order anything in a number of years.  I order everthing on my computer.

@ripka junkie 

that is how i order.......i like getting my rebates. it helps offset the costs of shipping or the costs of the products if i am getting free shipping.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

No, I've never heard of anything like that before.  Maybe it is something they offer to their premiere shoppers. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like one big 'ol SCAM  to me. 

If in doubt, contact one of the mods here. They'll tell you if it's legit or not.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Annabellethecat66 .  I order a lot too but didn’t get that message. I usually order online. Just to be safe, I would call customer service and make sure that number is legit.

i know... I tend to be suspicious of scams, but better safe than sorry.

i just want to add, I always enjoy your postsSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q  I don't dare tell my daughters.  Ha!  The youngest (and her dog) are visiting myself, her older sister and friends here in Northern Va soon for 1 month.

I doubt that she'll stay that long as Virginia isn't the dog loving state that Colorado is.  In Denver (or around there) they have a 100 acre park where a good part of it is just for dogs to run and play.  There are 'laid back' restaurants where she can take her dog in Colorado.  If there are any in Northern Va....they're very few.

I've been ordering way less items lately.  They keep selling the same things over and over and I either have it or don't want 'it'.

You maybe feel the same way.  I only go to lunch and the Drs these days.  I always get dressed like I was going to work every time I leave the house, but even I realize I have enough 'stuff'.  Ha!

So.....I'm wondering if we should feel "Special" or should we think...."Maybe I order way too much stuff".  In my case, it's the latter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah.

Sounds like a scam.

The ‘special number’ is a red flag.

If legit, I should call the regular QVC number & my profile should automatically grant me special things...transparent on my part.

(see post #28 from the Moderator)