Trusted Contributor

Re: Diane gilman on hsn at midnight last night

@webbgarner1   Aside from the issues of her appearance discussed here, I was surprised at Diane's small stature.

I know she was standing next to Debbie D. who is very tall, but Diane looked "tiny" ....much smaller than the video clip from 10 yrs ago that another poster provided.

Trusted Contributor

That eye makeup wouldn't look good on a woman of any age
Respected Contributor

Diane's eye makeup has been very heavy in the past couple of years on skype. This looks even heavier but no one will tell Diane what to do I'm sure.

Her jeans have never worked for me, they always slid down and she makes her tops so bulky because as she will say, old ladies have a huge waist and tummy like her which of course we all don't. 

Esteemed Contributor

Diane went heavy on the eye makeup, big deal.

My question is is that Amy Morrison in the old photo with Diane?  Talk about a different person.  Didn't realize how completely changed she looks now if that is her. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@pdlinda I thought the same thing.  I did not remember she was so tiny.  However, Debbie is very tall.  I am so glad she is doing well after her illness!  I am always rooting for someone to get better!  Side bar... what did you think of the jeans? Cute just not for me.  Anyway I just counted and I have plenty of pair of jeans (she said with a chuckle)!

Trusted Contributor

I went and watched the video. She's keeping the "look" that she wore (and wore well) decades ago. It's hard to give up what you have always seen as you're best face going forward and to everyone, it's not flattering you in any way.

The heavy eye makeup may just be "her statement eye look" and shel'll always do that. In the end, if you like what you see in the mirror (and she obviously does), then you're not going to give a fig what anyone else thinks.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

More women bashing.  The thing that bothers me about this is we don't know what the OP looks like.  Someone could easily criticize the way you look.  

I wish this would stop. Good grief, already.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain No, I did not buy, do not need any jeans and i have to stetch my dollars.

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I find her very hard to watch!  She is proud of her products, which is good.  But she just overdoes it.

I really liked her red hair.  She made a different choice after going through chemotherapy.  It is going to happen to me now, and my PLAN is to return to my present color after my hair grows back.  But who knows how I will feel about it then.  I got a preview of being gray with COVID, and I hated it!  I am looking for a wig now.

I used to think they seldom did close up shots of Diane.  Seemed the camera was farther back from her.  Anyone else think that?  I do think people on television should have someone do their hair and makeup for under television conditions.  That makeup was not flattering for her.

Hope she is in good health.

Hyacinth

My mom has cancer and the chemo took all of her hair color. She tried coloring it even though her stylist told her it wouldn't work and the color did not take.