Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diane gilman on hsn at midnight last night

@Kachina624 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

The comments are interesting all are start with in my opinion. Well apparently she likes the way she looks, so good for her. She doesen't have to please anyone, but herself. I think she looks fine. She likes a strong eye, so what. She isn't hurting anyone else. Different strokes for different folks.

@manny2   I don't see a single comment that starts "In my opinion".

It doesn't have to @Kachina624 that is the inference here. Everyone seems to know how she would look better. That's the problem we can't decide what makes another person feel good. I say each one of us has enough to fix, and should not worry about the next guy. 

Respected Contributor

I went over and viewed the video on HSN's Facebook page. No, it's not the best look and it seemed like she couldn't hold her eyes open very well...odd. But more atrocious was that top she had on. Woman Surprised

I will add that even if others with better eyesight and insight advised her that the look was too harsh, I don't think she would care. I've always sensed that no one is gonna tell Diane Gilman what or what not to do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i just went and viewed the ts video

i see no issue

make up is individual

rock on Diane!

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i just went and viewed the ts video

i see no issue

make up is individual

rock on Diane!

I did the same thing @TheMemphisVette and I agree no problem. 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's not about being a cancer survivor.  I love DG and greatly respect her but she's an example of what happens when a woman ages but clings to her vision of herself from decades ago.  It's apparent she did her own hair and makeup and they was unfortunate.  She just can't see herself as she is now.  

@chrystaltree   

Well said and kind.  I have always liked Diane and respected her accomplishments. Why the unkindness toward an 80 year old woman?  Some things are better left unsaid.  I'm sure there are very mature ladies here that can't let go of makeup and hair dye and look like clowns but to each their own.  Live your best life and let others do the same without criticism.

@mspatmac 27545D06-B6F9-4D46-B9D1-50A30EFA0E90.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's always struck me as someone who marches to the beat of her own drum which we all should do in life.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched for awhile and like many hosts/vendors, way too much makeup.  Can't imagine what they look like in person.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Sorry, don't get your response

Trusted Contributor

I remember before Diane got cancer that the threads here always criticized her big 1980's hair. 

She can't win with the "ladies" here.

She's always had her own style. Much like another over criticized vendor - Lori Goldstein.

I always thought of Diane as a rocker chick. She always mentions designing clothes back in the day for Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

She seems like the type that doesn't give a bleep what anyone else thinks.

Good for her.

Live and let live.

Diane 5 years ago and Diane last night:

Screenshot_20220904-180910.pngScreenshot_20220904-175708.png

Respected Contributor

Kind of OT, does anyone know why her brand is named "DG2" with the "2" being at the end?

Super Contributor

I think they'd have staff who check to see how everyone's makeup looks under the studio ligthing, etc - plus makeup artists on hand