Respected Contributor

DH flew home to attend Sandhurst Military School graduation ceremonies where we had family/friends nephews graduating.  

Whilst there he had opportunity to view memorial.  Just his opinion, of course, but he felt the colour medium used was too dark kind of gloomy which Diana was not and this, he thinks, detracts from the impression you get from this piece of work. He was not overly impressed unfortunately but not denying the artistic value of such an undertaking.  

Anyway just his thoughts - he loved the graduation/ball brought back, for him, lots of good memories which we all need.

Honored Contributor

Re: Diana’s Memorial Statue

@dulwich. What interesting observations from your DH. Thank you for sharing. 👍  It did look pretty dark in the photos.

He was back home not too long ago too. Are you going in the near future?

OT: I was just thinking of you half an hour ago as I chomped down a Wendy's Bacon Pub Burger. That sauce is so good!

Honored Contributor

Interesting comment. Things sometimes look so different in person than in pictures.

Valued Contributor

only saw it online- but it didn't look anything like her to us but I guess if the sons are happy then that's what counts.. reminded us of the scary I love Lucy one made -- then discarded..new one is better.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Oh my I could just murder one of those burgers!

Not sure when I will get home things bit chaotic here but the sun is shining!  Have a good day.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

Thank you for sharing DH's observation!

I always appreciate your posts about the UK as you and your family see it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@dulwich. What interesting observations from your DH. Thank you for sharing. 👍  It did look pretty dark in the photos.

OT: I was just thinking of you half an hour ago as I chomped down a Wendy's Bacon Pub Burger. That sauce is so good!

@Pearlee 

Oh, be quiet, I just ordered one and DH better hurry!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee 

@KingstonsMom  😂  I pulled over in the lot and chomped mine down. I was so hungry!  Sorry @dulwich .  Back to the Diana statue.

BTW, I often agree with your husband's comments, he makes some funny remarks. I wish I could see the statue in person, right after the Beatles' Liverpool Tour.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee 

@KingstonsMom  😂  I pulled over in the lot and chomped mine down. I was so hungry!  Sorry @dulwich .  Back to the Diana statue.

BTW, I often agree with your husband's comments, he makes some funny remarks. I wish I could see the statue in person, right after the Beatles' Liverpool Tour.

@Pearlee 

Oh, be still my heart! The Beatles Liverpool TourHeart

Honored Contributor

I thought the statue seemed rather stiff, formal and yes, dark.  None of these reflect the joy that was in Diana. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment