Trusted Contributor

Re: Diana Rigg Has Died at 82 yrs

I wanted to be Mrs. Peel and wear those mod catsuits.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

That couple was definitely the epitome of cool. (Even though, because of his accent, I couldn't understand Patrick M half the time! 😄).
Respected Contributor

She was a beautiful actress. I saw her in the new rendition of My Fair Lady in 2018. She played the role of Mrs. Higgins. She was terrific and so regal. Well she is a Dame! 

Super Contributor

Most recently saw her in the Victoria series on PBS.

Awesome performance as usual.

Respected Contributor

RIP. The Avengers was a fun adventure show. Emma Peel in leather was an inspiration. 

Respected Contributor

LONG LIVE EMMA PEEL - a fashion icon WAY ahead of her time. 

Throughout my 20s to my mid 40s she was my fashion muse.

Anytime I could find a fashionable pair of shoes/boots or leggings with a colorful twist, or pleather with high shine - I had to have it.

Her whole look on the Avengers was sharp, sexy, and strong. Very strong. 

Loved her and that character's style.

Respected Contributor

The Avengers was one of my favorite shows of all time--thanks to the dashing Steed and the formidable Emma Peel.  She was smart, gorgeous, brave, deadly and fashionable--a true heroine for the times.  Diana Rigg was such a role model for me!  And then--she married James Bond!  As a veteran actress she ruled in Game of Thrones.  Dame Diana, thank you so much for enriching my life and opening my imagination to a special manner of being a unique woman leader!   You will be greatly missed!

Emma Peel Leather | Emma peel, Avengers girl, Dame diana rigg

Honored Contributor

Oh no. I'm a fan of her acting. Her acting in a Game of Thrones gave me chills. She was extremely talented. I'm sorry to learn of this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
I remember her from The Avengers in the 1960s but younger people may know her from Game of Thrones. She was also in a James Bond film.

I loved the Avengers.  It was a great show and she was great in it.  Loved the chemistry between her and Patrick Macnee

Honored Contributor

Diana rigg literally started the tight jumpsuit craze in 60's and 70's.  I remember eI had to havethe jumpsuit and a hip belt.  She was an amazing actress.  So well rounded  there didnt seem anything she ddidnt play.  She was pretty young, 82.  But they said she was diagnosed this March with cancer, so it went very quick