Honored Contributor

Detroit has peaked

[ Edited ]

My husband just told me   that he just heard this on TV...I hope it is true

Honored Contributor
How can they possibly know for sure they have peaked?
Honored Contributor

They track new cases and they can tell that way..To say it is flat means there have been no new cases for a period of time, I think

Respected Contributor

That's great news, hope it continues...lots of wonderful people in Detroit. Thanks for sharing @cherry. Be well.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

My husband just told me   that he just heard this on TV...I hope it is true

What that means is all the strict stay at home measures have paid off and brought you to where you are right now.  You will not be able to maintain your gain if you send everyone back to work.

None of us is out of the woods until we know who has or had it by testing and we get a vaccine.  Michigan probably has only had about 1% of your population have the virus.

The point was to pace the infection rate so as not to overwhelm your hospitals.  Which means if everyone goes back 99% will still be able to catch it.  We have no immunity and you will lose all you have gained.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, and may it happen soon, very soon, for everyone else

Honored Contributor

We are in lockdown until May 1 ,unless the Governor says differently

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
How can they possibly know for sure they have peaked?

Peaked doesn't mean cases will go to zero now.  It just means that since everyone has stayed home the virus infection rate has slowed.  Hospitals will not be overwhelmed.  

We will not have a "zero" until we get a vaccine in about a year.  

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

We are in lockdown until May 1 ,unless the Governor says differently

Lockdown means your Governor is using the strongest measures to keep the spread from swamping the medical team.

We are lucky to have a Gov who took it seriously very early too.  We have been shutdown since the beginning of the 2nd week of March!! And it has paid off. Only a vaccine will protect those who haven't gotten it.

Esteemed Contributor

Stay well, @cherry. I missed your posts while you were gone, its nice to see you back.