Honored Contributor

Thank you @happycat  I missed everyone too. It is nice to be back again

Honored Contributor
I hope they are right. My DB and SIL have a lake home in the UP and aren’t even allowed to to go there. They live in Detroit area.
Honored Contributor

@cherry   What about the other cities in the state?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac I checked out a map of all the counties last night.  There are little freckles of confirmed cases all over the lower peninsula and a few dots on the southern shore of the UP.

I think Gov Whitmer will continue the Stay at Home.

Respected Contributor

@cherry The numbers for the entire country may go up temporarily.  The CDC announced earlier today they are changing the way they count cases and deaths.  Now all probable cases and deaths will be counted, not just those people who tested positive.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

MI is still logging 2,000 new cases a day. That's still cause for alarm if they want to reopen the state.

I'm fortunate to be able to work from home but if they want to seriously reopen businesses May 1st, this girl will prob say I'm out. 🤤

Contributor

What I would like to know is how did so many nurses and doctors get the disease when they have the masks that the general public does not have, the N95..... 

While I can't wait for the country to reopen.......how will our inferior masks protect us if the N95's didn't protect them?  

Respected Contributor

@bandaidinmysalad: My best guess is those doctors and nurses who contracted the virus may have been those who didn't have the proper protective gear. Unfortunately, many hospitals are experiencing a severe shortage of masks, gloves, gowns, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Detriot is hit the hardest, so I am sure the other cities are doing good too..

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@bandaidinmysalad  I don't think we should assume that everyone had masks or the proper gear. I heard a nurse in Detroit say she had 1 mask to use all the time, it was cloth, and was wearing a garbage bag poncho...