Honored Contributor

Designer Arnold Scaasi Died This Month - Remember Him on QVC?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/fashion/arnold-scaasi-a-designer-who-dressed-generations-of-scaasi...

Does anyone else remember in the early days of QVC when Arnold Scaasi used to sell his clothes?  I bought a few of his suits, and still have them!  Oh, my, I should take them on consignment to the vintage stores!  They were nicely made. He was a real short guy, and I distinctly remember him selling with Kathy Levine.  He had a lot of good stories.

As the article states, his last name is his real last name - Isaacs - spelled backwards (makes it sound much more exotic!). 

Did anyone else buy his clothes  on QVC?

Honored Contributor

Re: Designer Arnold Scaasi Died This Month - Remember Him on QVC?

[ Edited ]

I remember him but I do not remember him selling on QVC.  I did not know Scaasi was Isaacs spelled backwards. (interesting tidbit) 

I googled and saw he sold here in 2001.  I know I watched then but still cannot remember him.  One article said he then went to HSN.

I'm drawing a blank.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2Gosh, I would have said it was much earlier than 2001.  I used to watch HSN a lot then too and don't recall him selling there, just on QVC.

Honored Contributor

Oh my! His book is still listed here, although it's not available:

https://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10251&langId=-1&catalogId=10151...Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

He was on HSN in more recent years, very eccentric designer. I did know his name was Isaacs spelled backwards.

Honored Contributor

"Midyear 2001 was a financial success for Scaasi's Leisure Collection for QVC, which sold 4,500 pieces netting $250 million. His line showcased rose prints, leopard stripes, and tropical flora in at-home caftans and patio dresses. According to the Washington Post, he informed critics that he aimed for a feminine, pretty look, warning, "If you don't want those kinds of clothes, don't come to me."

Read more: http://www.fashionencyclopedia.com/Ro-Sm/Scaasi-Arnold.html#ixzz3jmWtyhyn

Esteemed Contributor

I do remember him on the Q!  I bought a silk jacket that is still in my closet.

Honored Contributor

In 2001 I shopped a lot of QVC fashion hours.  I cannot believe I did not buy from AS.

I remember having a navy formal and a black and white polka dot (yikes) dress and jacket that were Scaasi, but they came from L&T.

Trusted Contributor

Wow.  Then many of you will remember when Diane Von Furstenberg was selling clothes/scaves on the Q. I purchased a skirt and a beautiful scarf.  I had a classy red wool sheath dress from Scaasi, but from a store.  So long ago.....

Honored Contributor

Never owned anything he made. In the 70's I was working my way through school as a night shift ward clerk in a hospital ER - the least and the lowest. 

But, there was a hospital administrator who walked through once a month or so, and she had a suit of two of his.  I know this because she wore the label on the outside of the right sleeve down near her wrist.

OUTSIDE!  I thought, well, guess I thought what anyone else would.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras