Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dental implant problems?

@colliemom4 wrote:

The doctors on that commercial even look phony.

I haven't seen the commercials (I don't watch commercials) - but they're pitchmen and/or actors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dentist told me the quickie clinics also do financing and make a huge profit off of that...he has had “refugees” from those places come in wanting implants after they had been quoted 40k by them and had loan contracts given to them to sign immediately. Sounds like a real racket to me.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMeeAre you having the All on 4/6 done? If so, have you started your procedure? My consultation is next month for All on 4..

Honored Contributor

I have  an implant, and never had any problems at all. It wasn't a quickie job. It took months..if something sounds too good to be true, it is because   that is the way  people defraud you

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@89135 wrote:

@SilleeMeeAre you having the All on 4/6 done? If so, have you started your procedure? My consultation is next month for All on 4..

@89135 

I have already had my scans done and I will be getting all implants put in during one visit. Then after that there will be a four month wait until the abutments get put on. 

My first scan was done to determine if I had enough bone in my jaw. The second scan was done to look at my teeth electronically. That was a 3-D digital scan done to look at the shape and location of all of my mouth, including the teeth and gums. They make a plastic mold from that 3-D scan and put it inside your mouth when they go to put the implants in. There are markings on that plastic mold to determine exactly where to drill the holes. 

Super Contributor

Thanks @SilleeMee ..Are you having your whole mouth done?  Are you a little nervous? Please keep us/me updated on your journey..I think I will have a couple scans done also on my consultation...this whole thing is scary..I go from getting excited to thinking do I really need this done..I'm 74 and I'm wondering if its even worth it..thx

Honored Contributor

@89135 wrote:

Thanks @SilleeMee ..Are you having your whole mouth done?  Are you a little nervous? Please keep us/me updated on your journey..I think I will have a couple scans done also on my consultation...this whole thing is scary..I go from getting excited to thinking do I really need this done..I'm 74 and I'm wondering if its even worth it..thx

@89135 

You're welcome. Woman Happy

I have an autoimmune disease (scleroderma) and that has caused several of my otherwise healthy teeth to get very loose and some have fallen out. Regular dentures won't work for me because the disease has made my mouth too small for the denture to fit properly. If I want teeth in my mouth then my only other option is to get implants. I'm getting individual implants, each one for a single tooth. Right now I'm missing five teeth, mostly in the back (thank gawd!). But there are more teeth getting loose so I may need more implants done in the future. Those will be put in as the time comes. Teeth just get loose and then I can't eat. I used to have all  perfect teeth with no cavities ever and I still have all four wisdom teeth, too...for now anyway.Woman Very Happy I'll be 65 soon and there's plenty of living left to do!

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee  well good luck in your journey..I guess we all just have to stay postiive and stay strong..

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden I can't afford to do what needs to be done right now. Bone graphs and then a new implant. At least it was a far back tooth. 

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee I'm curious as to the reason you are having a full mouth of individual implants.   I recently had the scans, impressions etc done.  I don't have the autoimmune issue you have but due to another medical issue implants are my only option too.   It's awful being so limited right now on food choices.