Respected Contributor

Re: Dennis from Ojon, Josie, Beekman boys, save the world....

Hey, I'm not at all against the "marketing spiel" as you put it or them making money, far from it.  And I do like the Beekman boys and their goats and products.  I just found it a little hard to believe the part of his story where he says he lost his job as a physician.  Maybe he just got burned out.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Hey, I'm not at all against the "marketing spiel" as you put it or them making money, far from it.  And I do like the Beekman boys and their goats and products.  I just found it a little hard to believe the part of his story where he says he lost his job as a physician.  Maybe he just got burned out.

He lost his job working for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, not as a physician.

From an article in 2007:

" Dr. Ridge took a full-time position as vice president of Healthy Living with Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, in which he will supervise the new Healthy Living section in the Martha Stewart magazine and contribute a column, which started in September (he wrote about his desire to live to the age of 100). He has also started making regular appearances on her television show and the Martha Stewart Living radio network."

Often, when major life changes happen, we reevaluate the direction we want to go.  He is no different from anyone else.

Honored Contributor

Most doctors start out working for a service of some sort.  Patient load drops, whatever.  Someone is let go.