Trusted Contributor

Re: 😡Dennis Basso 60" x 70" Faux Fur Oversized Throw 25th Anniversary😡

@New Grandma, so sorry you do not like yours.

Now I am nervous, it came yesterday but I didnt open it yet.

Oh NOOOO !  My first DB throw...I hope its awesome.

Honored Contributor

@New Grandma, I’m sorry you’re unhappy with your purchase. I bought one too, as a gift, and received it yesterday. I had read your post yesterday, so immediately on receiving took it out of the box and checked it out. I’m very happy with mine and think the quality is fine...

~H~
Honored Contributor

@New Grandma boy are you overreacting! Just give the throws as you intended. Many people have given them a favorable review so it's possible the recipients will love them.

Esteemed Contributor

If you pack them all up in one box they won't cost that much to send back. I think the OP is talking about using the 'EZ return' label for each. They charge so much per label and it's the slowest shipping service ever! I'll never use the 'EZ return' label, unless the cost  is being waived.

Esteemed Contributor

Just did a side by side comparison.  My original blanket is from the very first time he offered a blanket.  It is the faux mink.  It is maybe 10-15 years old,maybe more.  It's been washed and dried numerous times.  DD gifted me the one from last year with the teddy bear.  

Anyway, here is what I found:

Original blanket:  faux fur is longer, underside is smooth, it is definitely heavier

Last year's:  shorter pile on the faux fur, underside is soft and cozy, lighter in weight but still warm and cozy

This year's: same weight as last year, plush on top, soft and cozy underneath.  Granted, I have not actually used one as I purchased for gifts.

I have 2, my daughter has 3 or 4.  All have been washed multiple times and still look new.

If you are unhappy with your purchase, call customer service.  Perhaps they will do something about the return cost.

Contributor

Have to say that, unfortunately, I agree with the original OP. Being by Dennis Basso, I expected the throw I ordered for a gift to be especially lux. I can find better at my local department store, so I sent it back. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say, lesson learned.......I've purchased several items from DB, all but one was returned.  I have one of his faux fur throws and even though I like it I washed on gentle and air dryed it and one whole side was totally unsewn.   I had to fix it and would not purchase from his line again.   Everything is cheaply made IMO.

Super Contributor

Scratchy yikes. Mine are soft and cozy. Send them back. Expensive lesson . I wouldn’t buy 9 of anything unless i knew the deal. Sorry for your trouble.

Honored Contributor

I just looked at Items Recently on Air.  See where he had a show on this afternoon.  Wow, are his items very pricey.  There was nothing I would want to purchase, especially for what they are charging for them.