Contributor

😡Dennis Basso 60" x 70" Faux Fur Oversized Throw 25th Anniversary😡

WARNING! Heads up! Think twice before spending your money on one of these throws! I made the mistake and purchased 9 of these throws. I watched numerous presentations when it was a TSV and I mistakenly bought in to the hype. The throws I received are nothing like the throws described. They are thin, more scratchy than soft and honestly look cheap. I am angry at myself for having spent $49.47 for shipping and now I have to spend an additional $30.85 to ship the throws back, $80.32 WASTED!  That was an expensive lesson. Based on this experience  I will never purchase anything from Dennis Basso and I will not be doing any of my Christmas shopping at QVC. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 😡Dennis Basso 60" x 70" Faux Fur Oversized Throw 25th Anniversary😡

[ Edited ]

Isn't there another thread by you about this same subject?  By the way, lots of favorable reviews.

Contributor

DB is over priced on many of his items.   I bought one of the throws a few years ago and sent it back,  I bought a leather jacket and the zipper had a tooth missing.  Sent it back

He is over priced in many ways, ornaments, clothes and chaskies

Esteemed Contributor

OP was going to call CS when she cooled down - yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

She hasn't calmed down yet.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

Yes, I did post a thread yesterday when I received the throws. I posted this today because I am just so aggravated after figuring how much money I wasted in shipping! 

I am amazed that there are any positive reviews. It’s hard to believe they are reviewing the same throw. And I honestly hope they enjoy their purchase. 

I don’t mean to beat a dead horse but I am just so darn mad at myself for wasting money! 

Contributor

Nope! I figured out how much I wasted in shipping costs and just got fired up again!  ðŸ˜¡ I’ll cool off, just needed to let off a little steam. 🙂

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a Dennis Basso throw years ago as a gift for a friend who was having surgery.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I was sorry that I didn't order one for myself and when I went to order they were sold out.  SO -- quite some time later I bought one when it was a TSV.  No comparison to the quality of the first one I bought.  I was very disappointed and returned it.  Lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

Why $30+ to send it back? I can't imagine.

Respected Contributor

I bought one of his throws years ago. Really nice and I still have it. I have learned that the more they say how wonderful it is beware of what ever it is. Especially later in the day.