Honored Contributor

This morning I heard Gary mention having been involved with Sport Savvy, which was a line I had several pieces from, so he’s been around behind the scenes for a long time.  

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL 

The Dude abides! 😜😂🤣🤙

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Geez. I also didn't realize that the term "DUDE" was such a hot button designation. So for those of you who seem to be offended....substitue "GUY." Eyeroll.

@RainCityWoman , this west coast chick has no problem whatsoever with the term dude. And, if you happen to run into me with a group of my friends and say "Hey guys, what's up?" I down with that too. No worries.  Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Geez. I also didn't realize that the term "DUDE" was such a hot button designation. So for those of you who seem to be offended....substitue "GUY." Eyeroll.

@RainCityWoman  If you used "Dude" for a male, what would terminology would you have used for a female?

Your post did/does make a lot of us wonder where you have been for many years for several reasons. Most people have progressed from "chicks" and "dudes" in this decade.

Language speaks in many ways. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I haven’t watched Q programming in so long I don’t even know the difference between a host and a vendor.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Re: Denim & Company Dude

[ Edited ]

I like Gary Cohen.  He's very knowledgeable about the line and I like his personality.  I think Gary and Carolyn do a great job together.  I've always liked Carolyn too.   She has a great voice (from her radio career), she's confident in her own skin and she appears so genuine and kind.  The kind of woman who would make a wonderful friend and neighbor!!

Oops, sorry for the misspelled last name.  I meant to type Goben.

Respected Contributor

The quality of denim and co. designs, fabric, and  fabrication seems to have begun the downhill slide when he began appearing. Whether the change was due to Gary or other factors, I have no way of knowing. I recall when I loved  denim and company and even watched weekly shows hosted by Jill shortly after I took early retirement. I needed more cute, casual clothes, and I was so surprised that I could find them on tv. The designs and fabrics all had a classic yet fresh preppy vibe. Timeless. I still wear some of those purchases. Then, suddenly a handful of years ago, I wasn’t tempted anymore. Designs began to look cheap and faddish, and I returned to Talbot’s.

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

The quality of denim and co. designs, fabric, and  fabrication seems to have begun the downhill slide when he began appearing. Whether the change was due to Gary or other factors, I have no way of knowing. I recall when I loved  denim and company and even watched weekly shows hosted by Jill shortly after I took early retirement. I needed more cute, casual clothes, and I was so surprised that I could find them on tv. The designs and fabrics all had a classic yet fresh preppy vibe. Timeless. I still wear some of those purchases. Then, suddenly a handful of years ago, I wasn’t tempted anymore. Designs began to look cheap and faddish, and I returned to Talbot’s.

I am a Talbots fan myself, so this is not coming from someone who is disparaging Talbots by any means, but I often find myself thinking that something I see on D&Co looks just a bit like something I would see at Talbots!

You enjoyed the classic, somewhat preppy vibe (and I like such things, too), but there are many who call those things "boring" or worse. I sometimes feel that D&Co can't win for losing -- when they try to show updated styles with current trends, some people don't like it; when they show classic, basic pieces, other people don't like it. I actually think there is still a lot of diversity to the line -- a bit of something for everyone -- but that's just my perspective.

Honored Contributor

The word dude was used in a casual way which fits this forum just fine.   

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

You know, the SF Giants use "Balldudes" and "Balldudettes" at their home games:

The Giants Balldude/Balldudette Program was created more than 20 years ago as a unique way to involve fans in the on-field action. During each home game, the team designates two people to don Giants uniforms and field foul balls to hand to children in the crowd. As the first MLB team to use adults in this role, the program began as the "Senior Involvement Program" but now includes a broad range of folks, ages 21 and older.