Occasional Visitor
Do any plus size women hate the spandex in D&Co's fabrics as much as I do??
Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Heavenly Jersey

I dislike spandex in all clothing!  I think it's the biggest cheat made in women's clothing in a very long time.  It's cheaper manufacturing to "water down" fabric content with its inclusion.  Then, to disguise all the pulled fabric across rear ends and crotches, they came up with tunic tops.   Unless you're young and thin, it's an unflattering look.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I don't like spandex in anything.  

Esteemed Contributor

the tops have a rubbery feeling to me and I wore one at Disney World and it was so hot in the heat...

Respected Contributor

I'm not plus size and hate spandex! Feels like rubber and doesn't breathe!

Respected Contributor

I don’t wear plus sizes, but I dislike spandex. I am amazed that qvc shows so many summer tops with spandex in them. They are ?HOT. Years ago, I bought a qvc t shirt that contained spandex, and I only wore it once. Never again. Cotton and silk are my choices. 

Respected Contributor

I will be the outlier.  I like some stretch in my clothing. Just a little prevents clothes from being too stiff and sometimes too boxy.

I am not a woman who is hot all of the time, so a little spandex doesn't overheat me even in 110 degree temperatures. 

Honored Contributor

EBDF9A77-1055-476A-B17C-A02C5CE34BAD.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I hate spandex in most everything especially tops.  Denim & Co perfect jersey 95/5 cotton spandex is like wearing a rubber suit.  I think they are cheap looking and the minute you wash them they pill and wrinkle like crazy.   I don't like Modal, rayon/spandex either.  We can't always like the same thing but I don't know many people who like rubberized clothing.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

Cotton tees don't favor me. They hang on me like a sack. The addition of a little bit of spandex makes them more form-fitting. For tops that are supposed to be fairly loose, I l like rayon.

I will only wear jeans or pants with a small amount of stretch as well and for the same reason.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland