Respected Contributor

Re: Delta dental through Aarp

It has been my experience that using AARP for any insurance coverage is overpriced and you get less coverage.  Auto, health, dental, etc.  That's just what we have found.  I really don't believe they have seniors best interest at heart, only their profit margin. No senior I know has ever found a true benefit with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, I bought Delta Dental thru SCAN (my medicare plan) --- and all the dentists in my area were HORRIBLE. There were limited choices of dentists. So - I found a great dental office near my house and I pay out-of-pocket - and get a senior discount. You need to check which dentists u could use (there may be fewer choices than someone who has Delta Dental thru their job).

Google dentists names and see if there are complaints. You could also check them out on Yelp.

Respected Contributor

I have Delta Dental through my employer and they pay $1000 per year, so if I need a crown I pay 1/2 and they pay the other 1/2 up to $1000. The 2 X per year cleanings and 1 set of x-rays per year are covered at 100%. I really can't complain. I don't have many dental issues but in the past had lots of restoration to my teeth, crowns and root canals. My teeth tend to break. I am lucky in that I don't have gum disease.