Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delta Burke

[ Edited ]

@Karie2022 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Actually now I feel bad. I just watched the segment on YouTube. She was crying over hurtful emails. Jill Bauer was the host and handled it beautifully. She asked her if she wanted to take a break or keep going. Delta said keep going but then they did go to break anyway. Pam looks the same . Jill looks adorable and her voice sounds very young.

Yes, I did as well...never saw that before...I agree Jill handled it very well...delta was very beautiful back in the day..I was always envious of women with jet black hair and blue eyes...such a pretty combination.....

Yes, I love the blue eyes, black hair combo as well. There is this model Raina Hein who is gorgeous.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Uncomfortable...at the very least!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-YLsMRKZLI

Honored Contributor

Watching Jill in that clip reminds me of why she's always been my favorite host.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I loved her character on Designing Women ( dating myself totally).  I recall after the show she did experience some kind of instability....  Wish her only the best❣️

Yes, I enjoyed her in several parts she played over the years she was on TV.  She was lovely and very talented....what happened to her is mysterious.  Perhaps she just wanted out the the Hollywood  trap.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a pretty current picture of her and her husband. She is 60 years old today.

IMG_0209.JPEG

Respected Contributor
She was here for a year or two, as I recall. I was able to get tickets at the Q for one of her shows hosted by Kathy Levine. It was soooo much fun. Delta was adorable. Much tinier and slimmer in person. Definitely not big enough to wear her own line without nips and tucks in them. She kept leaving the stage and running out in the audience to let us see and feel the clothes up close and was so sweet. I loved Designing Women too. She an Kathy were a hoot together. A fond memory for me. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Just watched that clip on U-tube. That was sad. Poor Delta. Must say though that Jill looked so adorable and handled that beautifully, and that clip with Susan Graver....how different she looked and yet in some ways hasn't changed. Also noticed one of the models, with longish blonde hair looks very very much like one of the girls, should say women I suppose, who models these days, wonder if it's her, can't recall her first name. Wow, that was 17 years ago.

Respected Contributor

I have been a QVC customer for many years but I do not remember this. I watched the YouTube video and two things come to mind. Jill did a fabulous job with a sensitive situation and Pam the model, looks exactly the same now as she did then !

Honored Contributor

I had to do a double take with that picture. That's all I'm gonna say.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Actually now I feel bad. I just watched the segment on YouTube. She was crying over hurtful emails. Jill Bauer was the host and handled it beautifully. She asked her if she wanted to take a break or keep going. Delta said keep going but then they did go to break anyway. Pam looks the same . Jill looks adorable and her voice sounds very young.

Yes, I did as well...never saw that before...I agree Jill handled it very well...delta was very beautiful back in the day..I was always envious of women with jet black hair and blue eyes...such a pretty combination.....

Yes, I love the blue eyes, black hair combo as well. There is this model Raina Hein who is gorgeous.

I also love that combination-- very striking. There was a beautiful actress who was popular in the eighties, Connie Sellecca, who also had that combo. More women with blue eyes should DARKEN their hair rather than lighten it, IMO. The dark hair really makes blue eyes "pop."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~