Esteemed Contributor

Today, at 1PM, I checked the status of products I purchased from Bed/Bath on their site. It said the package was delivered to my front door at 11:20AM by USPS. Since there was no package, I called the post office - and after many rings, I hung up. I drove to the post office (10 min. away) - and the supervisor went in the back to contact the mailman. He said there was a problem with some number (???) and the mailman will bring it to my house. When I arrived home 10 min. later, the box was at my front door. Weird???? What do u think could have happened? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Delivery from Post Office

@kivah ~ This has happened to me, too.  It was probably delivered to one of your neighbor's by accident.  Either a neighbor brought it to you or the delivery man realized his/her mistake and picked it up and delivered it to it's rightful place.

Either way, I'm glad you got your package!

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928

I actually thought he forgot to drop it off - and it was still in the mail truck. 

Respected Contributor

Or mailman (woman) scanned it and forgot to deliver it.  I know sounds "incredulous" but it has happened to me.  I called the Post Office and they called me back and that is what happened.  They advised mail carrier would circle back and deliver package.  Or as other poster said, it was delivered to wrong house, retrieved and brought to your home.

It was good you immediately checked the status and went to Post Office. 

Super Contributor

This happened to me about two months ago.  Computer showed pkg delivered, I called post office and was told the following.  "We do not have enough scanners, so we scan at the post office, then pkg is delivered.  Once it's scanned it shows up as delivered."  I recieved my pkg shortly after, being delivered in a private car by a USPS employee.  She had the car full of pkgs.  Perhaps the same is true in your case.

Honored Contributor

I'm beginning to lose faith in our mail service.

Since Jan. 4, over $200 worth of olive oil and other products (in one shipment) were never rec'd by me.  I JUST contacted the company by email and they won't even see it til Monday.

Three $50 Lowe's gift cards were never rec'd by me (sent by a credit card company on Jan. 23rd).

Two gift cards totalling $75 were never rec'd by my grandson that I handed to a postal clerk in my local P.O. on Jan. 22nd.

My neighbor's W-2s and several bank statements for income tax purposes were delivered to me last week.  About 6 envelopes in all.

And unrelated, sort of, but out of 4 pairs of size 5 pants for another grandson that I ordered from Sears, 3 were the wrong size.

And to make my week/month/life worse, the battery in my EZ pass died whoknowswhen and because I used it in a new car not yet listed with EZ pass, I'm getting hit with over $600 in fines.

But, tomorrow is another day..... how could it get any worse?Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I have experienced many of the same things...........and when I went to the post office and asked to see the Postmaster, I was told he was "too busy".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@IdahoGram

Sounds like that's what happened.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm

I'm not familiar with an EZ pass - but I'd definitely fight that. Makes NO sense to fine u $600. You could take them to small claims court, send a certified letter to someone who oversees the EZ passes, or call/email ur local government office. If u want to take them to small claims court, call the courthouse - they'll answer ur questions and help u. Fight Back!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

@Lucky Charm

I'm not familiar with an EZ pass - but I'd definitely fight that. Makes NO sense to fine u $600. You could take them to small claims court, send a certified letter to someone who oversees the EZ passes, or call/email ur local government office. If u want to take them to small claims court, call the courthouse - they'll answer ur questions and help u. Fight Back!!!!!!

EZ pass gets you through road tolls without having to stop in many of the states I travel.

No, they are strict with the rules and I didn't play by their rules.  And I'm paying dearly for it.  The fines just keeeep rolllling in.  State by state, bridge by bridge.  4-6 pages thick.  $50+ a shot.  

I learned my lesson.  Sometimes you can't fight city hall.

But thanks!