Respected Contributor

Re: Delays Continue....Order Early!

@Porcelain 

One of my former customers was a member of their prestigious club, right now I can't remember what they call them.

He loved the area and you one lucky person to live there.  I only visited on a work related business trip years ago to Nashville and really enjoyed the food.

Trusted Contributor

I saw on TV tonight that toys will be in short supply this Christmas. That is so hard to believe but I think they were referring to what ever will be the hot toy for the year. 

Respected Contributor

If you must buy for adults at Christmas, gift certificates,  cash and checks work great.  It is much more useful than a gift they may or may not like or use.  I would much rather get a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant than another sweater, knick knack, throw etc.....My neighbor had to tell her DIL no more gifts for the house as she had run out of places to put stuff.  When you give someone a gift that is one way (like birthday, mothers day, etc.) it seems like a gift but at Christmas it just seems like swapping. I know people who get mad if the gift they get is less than the one they give.....

Trusted Contributor

I think a lot of people are getting Gift Cards this year....😭

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

I am giving cash this year....I only have to worry about the 9 yr old granddaughter.....but a couple of small gifts and some cash should work there too...

Honored Contributor

So many posters here over the time I have been here have complained about the commercialization of Christmas. Now it's complaints about not being able to get enough stuff for Christmas. 

I am not worried about the stuff. Just grateful for what I have while missing the family I have lost. If any person only appreciates me for stuff I give them well frankly I don't need that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , I just saw this on GMA, but they were saying about 100 freighters. They said Walmart, Target and Home Depot are hiring their own freighters to get their stuff, but what good is that if there is no place to unload it or transport it?

Honored Contributor

Awful!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Gift cards?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@SilleeMee , I just saw this on GMA, but they were saying about 100 freighters. They said Walmart, Target and Home Depot are hiring their own freighters to get their stuff, but what good is that if there is no place to unload it or transport it?

@catter70 

Wow! 100! Geesh. That's disgusting.