Honored Contributor

Re: Delays Continue....Order Early!

I saw an episode of (I think) 60 minutes about self driving trucks.  They are almost ready to go so that should solve the shortage of truck drivers (but not before Christmas).  

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a used textbook for DH on Amazon and it will take three weeks to get here.....so much for Prime.

Trusted Contributor

So is Athleta selling only on their website? I hope retailers aren't trying to rumor a shortage of goods to get the Christmas rush early and people panicking. Gift cards are sounding better and better.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Buy local and you won't have these problems. There is no need to buy things from huge companies like Lands End that have labor problems.

As others have pointed out, the shelves in BM are empty as well,  Recently went to a boutique I usually love, hardly anything. Same thing at JCP and Macy's.

Local, family businesses are going through the EXACT same delivery and labor issues that the big companies are.

Many of our locals are now closing 2 or more days / week because they can't get any employees.

Ah. I guess I can't relate. I live near Nashville and there are plenty of artisans who make their own goods around here to buy from if that is what I want to do. Most food is locally produced so that can be a good gift. And things like locally made soaps.

Personally I also get really fast deliveries because I am close to several hubs and warehouses. Amazon has a warehouse in TN a few towns over from me. It's all about location.

That's too bad for your community that it is going through hard times. I hope things get better soon for your town and that you can attract the workers you need to help you with your economy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Buy local and you won't have these problems. There is no need to buy things from huge companies like Lands End that have labor problems.

As others have pointed out, the shelves in BM are empty as well,  Recently went to a boutique I usually love, hardly anything. Same thing at JCP and Macy's.

Local, family businesses are going through the EXACT same delivery and labor issues that the big companies are.

Many of our locals are now closing 2 or more days / week because they can't get any employees.

Ah. I guess I can't relate. I live near Nashville and there are plenty of artisans who make their own goods around here to buy from if that is what I want to do. Most food is locally produced so that can be a good gift. And things like locally made soaps.

Personally I also get really fast deliveries because I am close to several hubs and warehouses. Amazon has a warehouse in TN a few towns over from me. It's all about location.

That's too bad for your community that it is going through hard times. I hope things get better soon for your town and that you can attract the workers you need to help you with your economy.

@Porcelain 

I wouldn't worry about anything, you have Jack Daniels and I thought that's what you were going to say...who needs anything else!!!!  A bottle and a barrel that's all it takes.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

So glad I don't shop for Christmas. 

The same here.  I give cash and it is so appreciated and no one ever returned it for something else.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain 

I wouldn't worry about anything, you have Jack Daniels and I thought that's what you were going to say...who needs anything else!!!!  A bottle and a barrel that's all it takes.  Smiley Happy

There is a big shortage of Jack Daniels.  Right now in Pennsylvania, if you can find it, you can only buy two bottles.  That includes the general public as well as establishments.

The bars andrestaurants are going crazy trying to keep it in stock.  My DH tried to get a bottle two months ago to make Lynchburg Lemonade and he couldn't find it.

If you want some for the holidays..start looking now.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal 

I hear you.  My neighbor owns his own bathroom remodeling business and he said it's hard, so much backordered and everyone throughtout the country is fighting for the same products.  Hope your shower gets done fast.

I had the bathroom done about 4 years ago and the kitchen 3 years ago so I'm good to go.  I didn't want to spend the money back then but I can't imagine how much everything costs now and let alone getting the materials to remodel.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain 

That is a FUN tour to take. I've been several times.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Carmie 

I have a bottle already so I don't need more but I was looking for The Orignal New York Seltzer in the area and the owner of the liquor store had calls from people looking for Jack Daniels.

I thought it was odd but now I know why.

BTW, The Original New York Seltzer in Black Cherry is the bomb.  I used to drink it years ago and found it again on a grocery store refrigerated area for single bottles.  Thought I would check on a case so I called around.

Yes, it's online but holy cow, I can't afford the shipping and whomever is selling it on Amazon is really raking in the profit.  That one bottle I bought was only $0.99.