Valued Contributor

Re: Delays Continue....Order Early!

I'm trying to shop locally and at festivals for family this year. I can't get everyone done but I pick up things here and there. I imagine the holiday inventory will be thin for a lot of retail stores this year. What a strange world we live in currently. I wonder if it will ever get better or 'somewhat back to normal'? 

Respected Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

I'm trying to shop locally and at festivals for family this year. I can't get everyone done but I pick up things here and there. I imagine the holiday inventory will be thin for a lot of retail stores this year. What a strange world we live in currently. I wonder if it will ever get better or 'somewhat back to normal'? 

@CritterKeeper    I had hoped that we would've been back to normal by now.

Last year I read that things would be back to normal by this autumn. Now I read that they're predicting we won't see normal until next spring.

I hope "they" are wrong!!

Respected Contributor

I have seen minor delays from retailers but nothing major.

I will think twice before ordering from QVC though.  I have had an item sitting for 21 days and the notation on the order has gone from "processing your order" to "preparing your order."  I had emails notifying me that shipment is delayed 2 times.

At this point, I am fairly certain that it will not show up anytime soon.  Be careful when ordering that it is not something you need right away or it would be a major inconvenience if it never showed up.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Buy local and you won't have these problems. There is no need to buy things from huge companies like Lands End that have labor problems.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Ugh! 😳

Honored Contributor

Gifts have all been purchased, I refuse to get caught up with issues of delay that will cause chaos as the holidays approach.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I have seen minor delays from retailers but nothing major.

I will think twice before ordering from QVC though.  I have had an item sitting for 21 days and the notation on the order has gone from "processing your order" to "preparing your order."  I had emails notifying me that shipment is delayed 2 times.

At this point, I am fairly certain that it will not show up anytime soon.  Be careful when ordering that it is not something you need right away or it would be a major inconvenience if it never showed up.

I have received every single thing I have ordered from QVC. And with the last 2 free shipping days?  There was a LOT.

In two days?  NO!  But then again, AMZ orders aren't getting here in 2 either.

I highly doubt there is anything QVC sells that anyone would need right away.  You may WANT it right away, but need it?  No.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Buy local and you won't have these problems. There is no need to buy things from huge companies like Lands End that have labor problems.

As others have pointed out, the shelves in BM are empty as well,  Recently went to a boutique I usually love, hardly anything. Same thing at JCP and Macy's.

Local, family businesses are going through the EXACT same delivery and labor issues that the big companies are.

Many of our locals are now closing 2 or more days / week because they can't get any employees.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

More people and fewer working.  Don't expect to see any changes for a very long long time.

Presents for Christmas will be way down on the list of our worries. 

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

That's wonderful for those that have a variety of local stores.  

I'd rather buy from a company like Land's End and have it shipped to me whenever than drive two hours (one way) only to find that those brick and mortar stores don't have what I need.  Many of the stores also no longer carry the variety they used to even before the supply chain problems.  They're pushing people to order online too.